Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1041 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2008 4:42 PM by Jay Silvio RSS
DaveVause Community Moderator 1,447 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 9, 2008 9:07 AM

We. 7/9/08: Plantar Fascia and Blogs

I posted my daily comments and musings on my plantar fascia on a blog, hoping they'd show up mixed in with threads on the "Overview".  No dice. 

Strength workout today.  Compound barbell power movements and core.  So my body feels a little like jello, now. 

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Jul 9, 2008 9:59 AM (in response to DaveVause)
    Re: We. 7/9/08: Plantar Fascia and Blogs

This morning was an 8-mile tempo run.  It was pretty humid with a light drizzle and temps in the upper 70s.  I went out a little too fast and faded slightly by the end, but it went fairly well.  I haven't done very many intervals or tempo runs over the past couple of months and, as usual, speed will be the first thing I lose and the last that I get back.  I'm pleased to be able to get in a good, hard workout and I'm hoping that I'll be able to push more as I get back into the routine of weekly speed sessions.

• jenhirr Legend 314 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    3. Jul 9, 2008 2:28 PM (in response to DaveVause)

hey guys! i did just enough to loosen up today. About an hour total of biking then jogging. I'm doing a sprint tri on Sat that is going to be challenging. I went and biked the course on Monday in the heat and I'll tell you right now...it's the hardest 14 miles I've ever ridden. If I had all the time in the world and had planned better I would have biked that course once a week for the last four weeks but i'll have to settle for only doing it once. There's an 11% grade 1 mile climb immediatly after T1 and then about 6 miles of rollers that drop you 600 feet and then you turn around and have to go back up that 600 feet and then down the steep curvy last mile to T2. On the down hill I was going 32 miles per hour while braking. Remember biking is where I'm the least talented but I do think having done it once i have figured out some technical tricks and strategies that will help me and I'm feel up to the challenge.

Oh, the run has three 200 foot climbs on a very narrow trail. It should be interesting.

Any tips?

This is the third tri in the series i'm doing.  I have two more after this one. by any chance do you guys know how they score those race series? I guess I should have found out, I got talked into doing it so I didn't ask any questions.

I've been told that there are some fast girls coming down from Montana so we'll see what happens on Saturday. Wish me luck!

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    5. Jul 9, 2008 4:42 PM (in response to jenhirr)
    jenhirr wrote:

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

As for tri tips, well there's a reason why the only kind of racing I do is running...

Let us know how it goes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...