Skip navigation

12396 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2008 6:37 AM by FormerBAM 1 2 3 Previous Next
cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
Nov 1, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 16, 2008 7:20 AM

Sometimes I feel like I don't belong

Ok, so I'm not Toby or Jimmy who run thousands of miles a week, and I am yet to finish a marathon under 4.  But, I still consider myself a marathoner and sometimes I find it hard to identify myself with other folks.  For example, yesterday I had that group presentation.  The presentation was about diversity, it's a business class, so we were to talk about our group's diversity.  I started talking and was telling the class a little bit about myself and told them about my training for my upcoming marathon in San Antonio.  Everybody was pretty impressed so that was cool.  Once I was done with the presentation, this girl starts talking to me and asking me about my marathon, this is pretty much what was said:

"So ur doing a marathon?  When is it?

"yes, this one will be in San Antonio next November"

"Cool, how long will it be?"

"26 miles"

"And you run from San Antonio to where?"

"Ummm, nowhere, just around San Antonio"  "I'll be doing Houston too in January"

"Oh awesome, where is that one going?  Is it the same distance?"

"That one ain't going nowhere either, just around Houston and it will also be 26 miles"

"Have u ever done the one that goes to Austin from Houston?"

"Hmm, no, I haven't heard of that one"  "Do you mean the MS 150?"  "That's not a marathon, that's a bike race"

"Oh yeah, that's it"  "And these marathons, do you run all the 26 miles in one day?"

"Yeah, I don't run the whole time w/o stopping but yes, 26 miles in about 415-430 hrs"

"Oh, that is so neat"

"Yeah, it's a really nice experience"

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...