Skip navigation

17530 Views 67 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2008 3:31 PM by staving off decrepitude RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    60. Jul 11, 2008 11:38 AM (in response to Myblueeyedgurl)
    Re: recovering from long runs

Holly, you are running Chicago too, right?  So, I am not behind, but somewhere in the middle

I will run for cupcakes!!

• Myblueeyedgurl Community Moderator 3,358 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007
    61. Jul 11, 2008 1:30 PM (in response to HALOjen)

Exactly!!

"You won?t lag behind, because you?ll have the speed. You?ll pass the whole gang and you?ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you?ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. " - - Dr. Seuss
  • Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007

|

staving off decrepitude wrote:

The scale I bought sucks. I weighed myself (nekkid), went for a 7 mile run, (drinking 1.6 lbs of gatorade along the way), weighed myself again (nekkid) and had gained 1/2 lb. Hmm. maybe I'm overhydrating. But I was feeling thirsty toward the end of the run. I'm thinking maybe I should go pee and re-weigh because the urine is basically liquid that is lost to my body anyway. (You don't reabsorb it from the bladder do you?) So I go take the scale into the bathroom and re-weigh (before peeing) and I've lost a pound in the time it took to get to the bathroom! The scale said that uneven or carpeted floors may skew the readings, so I'm thinking, maybe it's the difference between the wooden bathroom floor and the concrete kitchen floor. I take the scale back to the kitchen, the same spot I had it on for my 1st weighing, and I've lost another 1/2 pound! So I go pee and my urine is yellow, but kinda dark yellow. So I don't think the 1st reading where I gained weight was right or my pee would be lighter, dontcha think? Anyway I think this scale is a piece of junk despite all the accuracy claims all over the box. I think I'll take it back to Target.

Lee was running around her house nekkid.  In case anyone missed that Lee was running around her house nekkid.

This place is like home!!!!

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    63. Jul 11, 2008 3:24 PM (in response to HALOjen)

I use the NYC basic marathon training plan.  I used it for both NYC and the MCM and it's done fine for me.  I do hills (when I kind of feel like, every couple of weeks and I do tempo runs the other week.) It's kind of a my own making training with the NYC mileage.  So, you're not behind, you're right on schedule according to my plan.  I hope we're going to have lots of fun in Chicago, and looking at who's running that should be a breeze.

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007

Jimmy D Jarhead wrote:

| |

The scale I bought sucks. I weighed myself (nekkid), went for a 7 mile run, (drinking 1.6 lbs of gatorade along the way), weighed myself again (nekkid) and had gained 1/2 lb. Hmm. maybe I'm overhydrating. But I was feeling thirsty toward the end of the run. I'm thinking maybe I should go pee and re-weigh because the urine is basically liquid that is lost to my body anyway. (You don't reabsorb it from the bladder do you?) So I go take the scale into the bathroom and re-weigh (before peeing) and I've lost a pound in the time it took to get to the bathroom! The scale said that uneven or carpeted floors may skew the readings, so I'm thinking, maybe it's the difference between the wooden bathroom floor and the concrete kitchen floor. I take the scale back to the kitchen, the same spot I had it on for my 1st weighing, and I've lost another 1/2 pound! So I go pee and my urine is yellow, but kinda dark yellow. So I don't think the 1st reading where I gained weight was right or my pee would be lighter, dontcha think? Anyway I think this scale is a piece of junk despite all the accuracy claims all over the box. I think I'll take it back to Target.Lee was running around her house nekkid. In case anyone missed that Lee was running around her house nekkid.

At least I didn't have the pink fly swatter this time.

What color was it?LOL

|

This place is like home!!!!

• RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    66. Jul 29, 2008 7:24 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

The scale I bought sucks. I weighed myself (nekkid), went for a 7 mile run, (drinking 1.6 lbs of gatorade along the way), weighed myself again (nekkid) and had gained 1/2 lb. Hmm. maybe I'm overhydrating. But I was feeling thirsty toward the end of the run. I'm thinking maybe I should go pee and re-weigh because the urine is basically liquid that is lost to my body anyway. (You don't reabsorb it from the bladder do you?) So I go take the scale into the bathroom and re-weigh (before peeing) and I've lost a pound in the time it took to get to the bathroom! The scale said that uneven or carpeted floors may skew the readings, so I'm thinking, maybe it's the difference between the wooden bathroom floor and the concrete kitchen floor. I take the scale back to the kitchen, the same spot I had it on for my 1st weighing, and I've lost another 1/2 pound! So I go pee and my urine is yellow, but kinda dark yellow. So I don't think the 1st reading where I gained weight was right or my pee would be lighter, dontcha think? Anyway I think this scale is a piece of junk despite all the accuracy claims all over the box. I think I'll take it back to Target.

Jimmy D Jarhead wrote:

Lee was running around her house nekkid. In case anyone missed that Lee was running around her house nekkid.

Ha Ha...I thought she went for a 7 mile run (nekkid).

| |

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points