Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4703 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2011 9:51 AM by skypilot77 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
nhurley60 Amateur 6 posts since
Aug 14, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 19, 2008 9:24 AM

Is this site legitimate?  Why is my registration not showing up?

I registered for the Philadelphia Marathon through active.com (after creating an account) and my Amex has definitely been charged, yet there's no record of my registration here, no record at the official marathon site, no one knows anything, no phone number to call, and the email customer service link doesn't work at all.

Is this a legit. site or shoud I call Amex and report this as a fraudulant charge?  Is there ANY support system for this site at all? 

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007

Hey! I'm Sara and I'm the Online Community Coordinator here at Active.com. I saw your post and have emailed customer support with your issue. I'm so sorry about this. I can imagine how frustrating it is, but don't worry we will get it figured out immediately. That is definitely not how we expect our site to work and I'll make sure the issue is also addressed for the future. I'll let you know when I hear back and we will go from there. You will be running in the Philadelphia Marathon! I'm from Philadelphia, not sure if you are or not, but it is a great marathon. I'll be contacting you asap! Thanks again for your patience.

Sara

Oct 2, 2007

I just emailed you your registration. Let me know if you don't receive it. Thanks and I appreciate your patience!

Sara

P.S. GOOD LUCK IN PHILADELPHIA!!!!!

• gaverv Amateur 16 posts since
    Feb 17, 2008

Good Morning Nora,

The same thing happened to me,turns out I registered with 2 different passwords, I know that messed the process, Good luck in getting straightened out.                                    Gary

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,276 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008

I'm registered for Philly and it doesn't show up on the Registrations tab here (actually nothing shows on the registrations tab).  But I do show as registered on the marathon web site.

Len

Len

Oct 2, 2007

Hey Nora,

I wish I could give you a definite answer for what happened with your registration, but right now I can't. Customer support and the development team is working to figure this out. They were able to go in and see your registration, but I'm not sure why you can't see it. I will keep you posted as soon as I hear anything regarding this issue. I totally understand you frustration. This should NOT happen and we haven't seen it happen before. Thank you again, Nora.

Sara

• jillian357 Rookie 18 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

I too am having the EXACT same problems.......only one account, one username/password......a recent 1/2 marathon I signed up for shows NOTHING on my active.com account. I've been billed, and the only confirmation I have is my printed receipt. I hope it's enough.

To make matters more frustrating EVERY time I try to email support about this problem, it gets rejected for some weird error. I have tried at least 10 times to email on different days, and I get the same error every time.  I'm not stupid, I know how to fill out an online contact form. Something is messed up and it's very frustrating!

• Carlos Acaron Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 1, 2008

I had the same problem from my computer at home when I singed up for Ironman Cozumel.  When I went to my registrations there was nothing there.  Not even races that I signed up for in the past through Active.com.   I check from a different computer and everything shows up fine.  Don't know if it is a browser issue or not.........

Oct 2, 2007

They are working on the problem. I'm really sorry. It's completely annoying and frustrating. It will be fixed soon. If you would like a copy of your receipt please email me at sara.allen@active.com and I will get customer support to email it to you.

Thanks for your patience!

Sara

• RunlikeaBear Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 7, 2007

To answer your topic question... this is a very legitimate website. I have signed up for countless number of events on this website, all with one account. Sometimes they show up on my profile page, othertimes they don't. It doesn't matter if it is on the computer or the internet though, because you said you got a confirmation email. Print that out and take that and a photo ID to your packet pick up. It isn't like you have to bring your laptop to race day to show you registered, just print out the page you were directed too after you paid and it said, "Registration Complete" or something of the sort. You don't even really have a good reason to worry yet, it's not like you were denied on race day yet, that's when you should be mad.

• jillian357 Rookie 18 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

Sara,

I've emailed you twice now with a request for a copy of my receipt for the event I signed up for with no response. Did you get it?

My race is in approx 30 days, so I would really appreciate some type of confirmation that I am registered thru active.com.

Thanks,

Jill

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...