Skip navigation

10061 Views 25 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2008 7:28 AM by cplmtz0121 RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Kyle B Pro 60 posts since
    Feb 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. Aug 28, 2008 1:19 PM (in response to cplmtz0121)
    Re: Half Marathon substitute for long run?

cplmtz0121 wrote:

Holly, Jerry or anybody else from the area. How far away is Fredericksburg from DC?

It's about 45-50 miles from DC.  Unfortunately, driving time is about 45 minutes to 3 hours.

• RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    17. Aug 28, 2008 1:30 PM (in response to andrewblur)

Hi Carl.  BTW, how is training for the JFK coming along??  I posted a thread a while back about your training, but never got any response back.   Hope all is well with you.

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

Jan 19, 2008
    19. Aug 28, 2008 8:26 PM (in response to andrewblur)

Snickers are always a good thing and cheeseburgers if you can fit it in your pockets (jk). 

The 50K endurance run is down the tubes.  The trails really messed me up and now I'm still dealing with PF and very sore metatarsal bones.  Just basic feet problems.  I will try to attempt the 50K in the near future, hopefully.  I can't sacrifice my long term goals for the short ones. 

I couldn't imagine running for 50 miles!!  Best of luck to you, Carl.  You'll do great!

• x_39_and_holding_x We're Not Worthy 2,974 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    20. Aug 28, 2008 10:46 PM (in response to RubyBPG)
    Ruby_2008 wrote:

Snickers are always a good thing and cheeseburgers if you can fit it in your pockets (jk). 

The 50K endurance run is down the tubes.  The trails really messed me up and now I'm still dealing with PF and very sore metatarsal bones.  Just basic feet problems.  I will try to attempt the 50K in the near future, hopefully.  I can't sacrifice my long term goals for the short ones. 

I couldn't imagine running for 50 miles!!  Best of luck to you, Carl.  You'll do great!

Ruby -- sorry to hear about your setback but you most certainly are approaching it with wisdom and sensibility.  And now I don't feel so bad for not pursuing the trail running thing.     I hope you are up and a running fiend soon.

BTW, how's your bet with hubby going?

Obsessed with running and racing. It's all about the bling, baby! Suck it up and RUN!
  • KrisMCM Pro 137 posts since
    May 2, 2008
    21. Aug 29, 2008 4:22 AM (in response to andrewblur)

I, too, am running a 1/2 marathon on a weekend of a long run (The Parks Half in Maryland). However, that weekend I am only due for a 13 miler anyway per my schedule. Seemed a good time to evaluate where I am at  a short time away from the Marathon. The following weekend I ramp it up again with a 19 miler.

Jan 19, 2008
    23. Aug 29, 2008 5:34 AM (in response to x_39_and_holding_x)

x_39_and_holding_x wrote:
    Ruby_2008 wrote:

The 50K endurance run is down the tubes. The trails really messed me up and now I'm still dealing with PF and very sore metatarsal bones. Just basic feet problems. I will try to attempt the 50K in the near future, hopefully. I can't sacrifice my long term goals for the short ones.

I couldn't imagine running for 50 miles!! Best of luck to you, Carl. You'll do great!

Ruby -- sorry to hear about your setback but you most certainly are approaching it with wisdom and sensibility. And now I don't feel so bad for not pursuing the trail running thing. I hope you are up and a running fiend soon.

BTW, how's your bet with hubby going?

Thanks, Jerry!  It wasn't easy to give up the 50K, b/c I'm sooo stubborn.  I'm still training for the MCM though.

The bet sucks!!  But we are both doing really well and going on 4 months, or something ridiculous like that.  The past month has been rough.  I think I'd be out running more mornings, if I had coffee to look forward too.  James is doing great without the caffeine also.  He has more energy and isn't as tired at the end of the day.  I think all the working out he does is helping him too.  He is biking, running etc. etc. 6 days a week!  And he's not even training for anything, except for a situp contest he's having with his brother around Christmas time.  Hee hee.

Jan 19, 2008
    24. Aug 29, 2008 5:40 AM (in response to andrewblur)

Thanks Carl.  I plan on getting back on the trails after the MCM.  I miss running with Colorado Dreamin'.  She's the sweetest!

The cheeseburgers are a bit tricky b/c they are bulky and you end up with greasy pockets ( of course I'm only joking).  I think some foods are better left for after a long run. 

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    25. Aug 29, 2008 7:28 AM (in response to Kyle B)
    He's Going the Distance wrote:
    cplmtz0121 wrote:

Holly, Jerry or anybody else from the area. How far away is Fredericksburg from DC?

It's about 45-50 miles from DC. Unfortunately, driving time is about 45 minutes to 3 hours.

****, I'm gonna have to really plan our trip. See, we plan on going next year for the Historic Half, well I don't plan, I need to or else Holly would kill me. Anyhow, we'll probably be staying closer to DC since Brenda's sister lives in DC, so I was trying to see what would be the best way to get to Fredericksburg, or if we should maybe grab a hotel just for the night before in the area.

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points