Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

10791 Views 50 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2009 12:29 PM by ncrunner334 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Back in the Saddle Amateur 45 posts since
    Dec 29, 2007

I won't lie- it took me five years. I thought of it as a chore that whole time and only did it because I had to to stay in shape. I truly fell in love with running at my first marathon. When I get stuck in a rut while running- I remember that experience and it pulls me through. Good luck!

We have nothing to fear but fear itself. -FDR
  • LingoRC Rookie 37 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

It was during my second year of HS XC. I finally got into good shape during that summer and just kept it up from there.

• spicegeek Community Moderator 2,563 posts since
    Jan 14, 2007

I guess i`m the exception to the rule !

I started running by building up from walking and using the eliptical - I enjoyed that I have reached a level of fitness where I could run - even slowly - right from the start - If I didn`t enjoy it I would not have carried on

NYC Marathon          Nov 1 2009     -   4:03:13 ( 9:17 mm )

NYC Half Marathon   Aug 16 2009   -   1:55:38 ( 8:49 mm )

1 mile -  7:07                             10K     - 52:58 ( 8:32 mm)

4 mile - 31:35 ( 7:53 mm)          8K      - 42:28 ( 8:32 mm)

15K -     1:22:02 ( 8:49 mm)

Find the Half Marathon Team on FACEBOOK

• cyndi t Legend 1,061 posts since
    Aug 11, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    48. Jan 25, 2009 7:53 AM (in response to ramberg)
    Re: How long until you started enjoying running?

So Ramberg it's winter again.......out of curiosity, did you quit or are you still running?

TRUST THE TRAINING!

• Flyrunning Rookie 17 posts since
    Apr 6, 2009

I always enjoyed short sprints since I was a kid! The feeling of running faster than other kids was very nice and I kept spriniting for my High school too. However, since running was only once a year(running season for schools), my main sports was soccer. I could play for school and my local club, and running was just a by the way!

Long distance running is something I have never enjoyed despite the fact that I ran a marathon, half marathon, 10ks and 5ks and build mileage regularly!

I love competition so I train for competitions! If I compete well I am happy!

• ncrunner334 Rookie 13 posts since
    Nov 16, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    50. May 8, 2009 12:29 PM (in response to Flyrunning)
    Re: How long until you started enjoying running?

I've been running steadily since I left college 6 years ago and a couple marathons and countless half marathons, 5ks, 8ks, 10ks, 15ks later I still don't like it. I tolerate it so that I can keep my awesome 6 pack.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...