Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

14539 Views 137 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2008 7:44 AM by ksrunr RSS Go to original post 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next
  • mickeefynn Amateur 104 posts since
    Jul 15, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    135. Aug 31, 2008 12:32 PM (in response to euphoric)
    Re: 50 Plus Training and Racing - August

Thanks euphoric.. I do bike often on alternate run days and that seems to take care of a need to get out and DO something! I'm not covering more than 10 miles at a time. But that's a start. I have a great treadmill and will start tying that back in as well... Been running our big, beautiful, varied bike path all summer. I'll be sure to keep you posted! mickeefynn

mickeefynn
  • Spareribs823 Legend 2,040 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    136. Aug 31, 2008 3:23 PM (in response to fred-urie)

4 miles at about 17's today.  I was very tired when I got home and did nothing all day.  Despite the happy face I put on all my workouts, there are times when I really get down in the dumps about my progress and wish I weren't so tired.  The dr. warned me about this too.  It's a runner's thing I think.

Mickee and any newbies, if fred is conscientious, tomorrow there will be a new thread "50 Plus Training and Racing--September" and this thread will have no further posts.  Look for us.    Spareribs

• ksrunr Legend 1,292 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    137. Sep 1, 2008 7:44 AM (in response to Spareribs823)

A nice little 14 miler this morning at just under 8:30 pace.  Started at dark thirty and finished shortly after sunrise just before it starts the cooking process on everything that moves.   Washing cars and painting today.  Family over later for dinner.  Have a good run and day.

Go Ribs!

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...