Skip navigation

8560 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2008 6:33 PM by Jimmy_D_Jarhead RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Sep 16, 2008 5:24 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    Re: Forty days and forty nights

I'm soooo glad it's you and not me.  One 26.2 will do me just fine, you're super human.  BTW do you know that Dean Karnazes is running 48 hrs uninterrupted on the treadmill?  All that for the Guiness Book.

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    16. Sep 16, 2008 5:37 PM (in response to dutch omi)
    dutch omi wrote:

>                

I'm soooo glad it's you and not me. One 26.2 will do me just fine, you're super human. BTW do you know that Dean Karnazes is running 48 hrs uninterrupted on the treadmill? All that for the Guiness Book.

>                

I just picked up his book today.  His new one 50in 50 or somethinglike that.  So far it is a very easy read.

Jimmy

BTW I suppose I could run for 49 hours but not for a book.  The dude is a freak of a runner.  I want to be a freak!

|

This place is like home!!!!

• David Hopper Legend 286 posts since
    Apr 17, 2008
    17. Sep 16, 2008 5:48 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Jimmy,

At the memorial last weekend I told the 1st Sergeant from Lima Company here in Columbus what you guys were doing. I think I disproved the theory that you can't shock a salty old Top Sergeant. He just shook his head and said Semper Fi! He ran the MCM in 1999.

Dave

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
    Dec 15, 2007
    18. Sep 16, 2008 5:54 PM (in response to David Hopper)

|

David Hopper wrote:

Jimmy,

At the memorial last weekend I told the 1st Sergeant from Lima Company here in Columbus what you guys were doing. I think I disproved the theory that you can't shock a salty old Top Sergeant. He just shook his head and said Semper Fi! He ran the MCM in 1999.

Dave

When I told my Master Gunnery Sergeant (senior enlisted) about it and he actually kicked the other 2 Gunnery Sergeants out of the office and gave me 30 minutes of father-son talk.  He covered health and ensuring that I am not damaging my body and all sorts of other things.  He was not against it just worried.  He is not a runner.  Tell the old Salty Dog I said Always, Always Faithful!!!!!

Jimmy

• David Hopper Legend 286 posts since
    Apr 17, 2008
    19. Sep 16, 2008 5:59 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

He wouldn't be good if he wasn't worried about you. That's why he's where he is. The best NCO's always worry about their people. That's always been a blessing to the Corps. Good, no I'll say the best! Leadership. My wife can tell you because I say it all the time, the only regret on my deathbed will be that I didn't stay in longer. The civilian life has just never come close to the height of the bar in the Marine Corps.

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
    Dec 15, 2007
    20. Sep 16, 2008 6:33 PM (in response to David Hopper)

|

David Hopper wrote:

He wouldn't be good if he wasn't worried about you. That's why he's where he is. The best NCO's always worry about their people. That's always been a blessing to the Corps. Good, no I'll say the best! Leadership. My wife can tell you because I say it all the time, the only regret on my deathbed will be that I didn't stay in longer. The civilian life has just never come close to the height of the bar in the Marine Corps.

He is one of the best I have worked with!  I can agree with you about that helping to make the Corps so great!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...