Skip navigation

5126 Views 27 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2008 7:13 AM by dutch omi RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • staving off decrepitude Legend 1,193 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Sep 16, 2008 5:14 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    Re: Tuesday's run

Glad you didn't get flattened, Jimmy!  I was carless today so biked to work, biked to errands, biked to get car back from shop. Probably 20 miles in all. No time to run, but I will run tomorrow! Finally!!!!

Chocolate is very nice.
  • Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007

|

staving off decrepitude wrote:

Glad you didn't get flattened, Jimmy! I was carless today so biked to work, biked to errands, biked to get car back from shop. Probably 20 miles in all. No time to run, but I will run tomorrow! Finally!!!!

Me too.  I am a pretty attentive runner and have had so many close calls over the past 15+ years.  I just wanted to remind others to pay attention. I really felt sorry for that lady.  She was super freaked out.  The kicker was I was carrying an orange shirt and waved it to get her attention.  She was so not paying attention and hopefully the scare was al she needs for a wake up call.  We all have our moments though!

This place is like home!!!!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,333 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    17. Sep 16, 2008 5:55 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

I saw a woman on my way to work this morning, one of the busiest two lane roads around, running on the wrong side of the road, wearing headphones.  Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

Len

• FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    18. Sep 16, 2008 6:14 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

I just ran 4 miles at a 9:02 pace.  It was 54 this morning when I woke up!  But I had to go to work early and couldn't run.  Nice that it was cool enough to run before the sun went down.  For a change.

Going to try to get my 20-miler done Thurs. or Fri.  Guess I'll miss my favorite 20K this weekend.  First soccer game of the season instead...

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    20. Sep 16, 2008 6:49 PM (in response to dutch omi)

Ran 5 miles on the treadmill after work today.  I hate the treadmill but by the time I get home I know my run will end in the dark and that just creeps me out.  Ended up with a 9:48 pace.

Random side note: For my new job I'm currently covering appointments for co-workers all over VA and MD. As I drive past places that I've heard mentioned on the board I think to myself "hey, I know someone that lives there/near there!" So you all are in my thoughts during the day!

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    21. Sep 16, 2008 7:43 PM (in response to badgergrl)

Hi Shell,

If you drive around Frederick County you've not only got a fellow runner, but a fellow displaced midwesterner, too!  (Go Illini!!!)

My Tuesday evening run was GREAT in downtown Frederick.  The group that's been assembling there for the past few weeks is very fast!   I'm running as hard as I can just to keep from being the last of the 7 or 8 of us running!  We always start with a 5K loop.  My Garmin seems dead (anyone else experience this?  It not waking up when I plug into the computer, either!), so I'm not exactly sure what I ran, but based on what the guy about 30 seconds ahead of me ran, it was right around 23 minutes.  I was 2nd to last.  After a break of about 3 or 4 minutes, we went back out for another loop of about 3 miles.  The first 1.5 was uphill, then the return was downhill.  Again, not sure of the times, but I suspect my miles were right around 7:30 to 7:45.   I was in last from about the 1/2 way mark to about 100 yards to the end, and then I finally caught and passed 2 other guys.  I was thoroughly spent - great workout!

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    22. Sep 16, 2008 8:37 PM (in response to MCM Ron)

I was supposed to do 9 on Saturday and 12 on Sunday but Ike changed my plans.  With everything going on, little sleep, worried about the immediate future etc., I had to forget about my runs this weekend.  Yesterday and today however, I was able to get in a couple of nice runs.  I did 10 on Monday and 4 today.  Hopefully I'll get in 9 tomorrow.  Feels sooo good to be back running.  I guess I could have run on the weekend but I didn't feel like jumping over downed powerlines and trees...LOL

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

• KrisMCM Pro 137 posts since
    May 2, 2008
    23. Sep 17, 2008 4:12 AM (in response to dutch omi)

Got my 5 in late yesterday afternoon. Much better weather and had a nice run. Ran at what I perceived as a fairly comfortable pace and ended with an 8:47 pace. A little concern today, though as I have some pain to the right and forward of my right ankle. I had no problem with the run and do not recall any injury/trauma to that area. A rest day for me today, so I will keep an eye on it. Another 5 tomorrow and then will take 2 rest days before the 19 miles on Sunday. I am moving into an apartment on Saturday so will be too busy to do the miles that day.

Shell, if you are in the area of Leesburg and want to run let me know. You and I have been pretty much mirroring each other for this traing schedule. happy runs to all. We are starting to get into nice running weather!

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    24. Sep 17, 2008 4:44 AM (in response to KrisMCM)

Ron - I might actually be in Frederick this morning for a bunch of meetings! EIther there or North East, MD.

Kris - I'm still learning my way around, where exactly is Leesburg? ANd it seems like you've gotten just a bit fast than me...although I need to get back running outside and see how I do, this treadmill stuff is killing me!

Anyone of you near Front Royal, that's where I'll be tomorrow!

• KrisMCM Pro 137 posts since
    May 2, 2008
    25. Sep 17, 2008 5:04 AM (in response to badgergrl)

Shell,

Leesburg is in loudoun County, South of Point of roks, Maryland on route 15. Don't worry about my pace, I'm still close to time with you.

• DoubleEye Legend 645 posts since
    Feb 4, 2008
    26. Sep 17, 2008 7:18 AM (in response to KrisMCM)

After a hot, humid, and struggling 13 miler on Sunday....I took Monday off. Combine that with the great, cool, non-humid temps yesterday (Tuesday) and I absolutely CRUSHED out my 5 miles. The cool weather acts like a turbo on my running engine. So 5 miles in...

37 minutes flat!

(Actually 37:00:96 to be precise)

Jeez....honestly I shouldn't do that again but it felt great to run so fast through the paved paths in the woods. I think one lady walking her dog was a bit surprised when I ran past her at a near 7-minute pace. Sorry dog lady!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...