Skip navigation

11691 Views 27 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2008 11:20 AM by CWCastelli RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Sep 22, 2008 9:00 AM (in response to CWCastelli)
    Re: Deferring to 2009

Chris,

Scary stuff.  I'm so glad you've gotten it taken care of, though.   I want to see you out there again next July 4 and for many more thereafter!

Were those aches that you described only during running, or were they around at other times, too?

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    16. Sep 22, 2008 9:07 AM (in response to CWCastelli)

To add to MCM Ron's post, you have our attention.  The more information you share, the more information we have.  Though large my family barely has a trace of heart disease and my EKG reads are good, BP is great, etc... you have my attention.  If not only for myself but for the folks I run who may have their own aches & pains.

Thank you for sharing your 'unfortunate' yet very fortunate news.  Hurry back -- but under doctor's care.

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    17. Sep 22, 2008 9:27 AM (in response to x_39_and_holding_x)
    x_39_and_holding_x wrote:

Chris -- I don't see ANY downside to this.  You (this coming from me now) went to the doc and got yourself checked out and have probably averted disaster.  The MCM will be there next year. 

As for your support in Crystal City -- that's awesome!  Cecil was there last year and gave me quite the boost I needed at that point in the race.  I hope to see you as I trudge through (hopefully with or in front of Kat but probably trailing NIta... or NOT!)

Hang in there!  You're still coming to Carpool for a greasy burger and cheese fries, right? 

Yes, MCM will be there next year, AND SO WILL YOU!!

Yikes. Counting some pretty big blessings today. YAY FOR CHRIS'S DOCTOR!!!!

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• VARunnerGirl Pro 158 posts since
    Oct 17, 2007
    19. Sep 22, 2008 10:21 AM (in response to CWCastelli)

Chris I am so glad you found this before the marathon.  And don't worry we will all be there again next year!!  Well at least I will - this marathin stuff is addicting.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    20. Sep 22, 2008 5:32 PM (in response to CWCastelli)

Chris, first of all, I'm sorry to hear the news, second of all, I'm so glad to hear that things turned out ok and you'll be running the 10k.  I'm also grateful to read your postings about the signs you had, it's definitely something to keep in mind for all of us.  You just never know.  BTW, as you must have read in this post, we're going to Carpool, and some of us will be in the cheering squad, I think Sara and maybe even Lee.  Bill and I are coming down to meet this crew and to be part of the cheering squad.  We'll be handing out Vermont Chocolates.  We're staying in the Rosslyn Holiday Inn.  When the MCM comes closer the cheering squad could maybe come up with a plan, some signs and some cowbells and pom poms. 

• Myblueeyedgurl Community Moderator 3,358 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007
    21. Sep 22, 2008 5:50 PM (in response to CWCastelli)

Wow! I'm in a bit of shock, probably a lot less than you.  I haven't been around much lately so I missed the previous thread.  I'm glad they caught it and that you are doing well and getting back up to speed!   I hope everything has been low pain and it only gets better from here.

Excellent Sign Idea!!

"You won?t lag behind, because you?ll have the speed. You?ll pass the whole gang and you?ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you?ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. " - - Dr. Seuss
  • HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    22. Sep 22, 2008 8:15 PM (in response to CWCastelli)

Chris - I got chills reading your post.  Thank goodness you got the mystery pain checked out!  We run and live healthy lives. No one would ever expect a heart blockage like that!  Take care of yourself and enjoy every single moment life has to offer!!  I'm gonna say a little thank you when I pray tonight!!

I will run for cupcakes!!

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    23. Sep 30, 2008 9:27 AM (in response to HALOjen)

Hey, Chris, how's the rehab coming?

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    25. Sep 30, 2008 11:13 AM (in response to CWCastelli)

If the ticker is up to coaching, the running should be a breeze!  Have fun, and please keep us posted!

• scottiesamples Amateur 36 posts since
    Jan 24, 2008
    26. Sep 30, 2008 11:17 AM (in response to CWCastelli)

I know exactly what you are going through.  I was 34 years old and on vacation in Ireland and had the heaviness in my chest (someone sitting on my chest and hard to catch my breath.  Thought it was a chest cold.  Got back from vacation and it was worse, went to emergency room and all test showed no heart attack and no problems at all.  At my doctors insistence he scheduled a stress test before he would let me leave the ER.  I lasted on the treadmill for about 45 seconds we the doc told me to stop, he took me straight to the cardiac cath lab and found three blockages of 97% or more.  Immediately sent me to a bigger hospital (2 hours away by ambulance) for double by pass heart surgery (two of the blockages were close enough together to be fixed by one bypass.  I am now 42 years old and 25 days and 14 hours away from running my first marathon.  Good luck with your rehab

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...