Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

18150 Views 155 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2008 5:14 AM by ksrunr RSS Go to original post 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next
  • euphoric Legend 940 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    150. Sep 29, 2008 3:40 PM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Re: 50 Plus Training and Racing - September

Ribs, the kids here would say, "You did AWESOME!".  I'd have to agree.  Happy trails this week.

I went for a ride as the sun came up this morning.  I told myself I'd have time to climb to the gap if I reached the base before 0800.  I came in 3 minutes ahead of schedule and did the climb and back in under 30 minutes.  Total ride time was 90 minutes.  Later this afternoon I taught a 90 minute session of pool running to an injured XC runner.  More on her injury later.

Someone needs to remind Fred that the month is about to end. 

• rochrunner Legend 974 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    151. Sep 30, 2008 8:08 AM (in response to fred-urie)

8 miles at an easy pace in cool, cloudy conditions here to finish out the month. Not that many miles for the month, but my longest of the year as recovery continues. I probably would have put in some more except for my increased emphasis on cycling lately.

Will be back tomorrow, expecting a fresh thread.

• euphoric Legend 940 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    152. Sep 30, 2008 2:15 PM (in response to rochrunner)

70 minutes in my new Etonics this morning.  They feel as if they were made for my feet. 

Roch, the wheels get addictive, don't they?  I think I maintain a higher heart rate for a longer period of time because there is no stopping once you start to climb.  I also think we need to be careful about being mile junkies.  I don't know how far I ran this morning, but I know it was enough.

Rich, hope the foot is improving.

• Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    153. Sep 30, 2008 4:02 PM (in response to euphoric)

Euph, it's tough running with a cain, but I'm gaining...   Actually, the swelling and redness are about gone, I've been doing the ice and NSAIDs treatment the last few days and it's working.

Tuesday,

5 miles easy.  I've been experimenting with the breathing sequences discussed here in the past.  Breathing in for 3 steps and out for 3 while running at an easy pace is a great exercise for your lungs.  For me at least, I breathe a lot deeper.  You'd think over time it'd have to increase your lung capacity.

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• Spareribs823 Legend 2,040 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    154. Oct 2, 2008 3:52 AM (in response to fred-urie)

I'm in Chicago all week and haven't run a step.  Truth is, I am beat at the end of the day.  I am on my feet the whole time and it takes a lot out of me.  I brought my running stuff but I think I will pass on running this week and run here next week.  I am also freezing to death because it's in the 50's here and I am used to 90's.  Spareribs

• ksrunr Legend 1,292 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    155. Oct 2, 2008 5:14 AM (in response to fred-urie)

Ribs - I believe it was you who called me out last month for posting in the wrong monthly thread. So, ditto.

Take it easy up there in the frozen north. Smart to take week off  from working out.

Now get to the right month; will ya?

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...