Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1280 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2008 4:34 PM by LMB22 RSS
alcesalces Rookie 189 posts since
Jan 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 10, 2008 1:55 PM

Minnesota

Just moved to Minnesota... They have literally billion of running paths, trails, and everything else. Wondering if there is anyone up here that can point in a good direction of the best places to go in the Twin cities area. Let me know.

Drew

• shannonfire Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 9, 2007
    1. Jan 11, 2008 8:14 PM (in response to alcesalces)
    Re: Minnesota

The Chain of Lakes are v. popular in the summer. Almost, too crowded. I perfer a bit more seclusion, or at least a false sense of seclusion. Pike Island in Fort Snelling State Park is a great 3 mile loop (dirt trail) and it doesn't get boring if you run it a couple of times (large deer population on the island).  Also, you can run along the Mississippi forever, if you take it far enough, you will end up at Fort Snelling.  Of the Lakes, Harriet and Nokomis are nice for foliage.  I have never ran a marathon but have watched the runners along these lakes, it is beautiful around the time of the TC marathon.  For winter days, especially after a storm, the snow is plowed pretty quickly along the Midtown Greenway (a bike-highway and v. useful). Have fun.

• brittinaxel Expert 49 posts since
    Aug 13, 2008
    3. Oct 5, 2008 12:38 PM (in response to alcesalces)

Yeah Minnesota!!!

I live in _rural _Minnesota so no help from me:(  SRY!!!

B.A.R.

"One day of Pain is worth the rest in Pride"
  • LMB22 Rookie 20 posts since
    May 11, 2008
    4. Oct 5, 2008 4:34 PM (in response to alcesalces)

I was visiting family in Savage MN this past summer and thought running there was awesome.  From the Neighborhood to the streets - Sidewalks & routes everywhere.  Loved it!

Now they've moved to the Chicago area (Park Ridge) - how/ where does one run there?  Early?  are the streets busy?  crowded sidewalks?  We'll be visiting in Nov. - so I just wondered if anyone had input.  Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...