Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1474 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 8, 2008 6:59 AM by niemsco
B Cloutier Rookie 3 posts since
Aug 20, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 8, 2008 6:20 AM

Ironman Training Partner(s) in or near Chicago

I have been doing triathlons for over 3 years now.  I completed my first half ironman race last year in 5 hours and 30 min.  I have decided to go for a full ironman next year on August 30 (Ironman Louisville).   I am looking to find some training partners to do at least the long runs and long bike rides with on the weekends in or near Chicago.  For the runs my goal is to break 4 hours in the marathon portion of the IM, and to average 19.5 mph for the bike portion of the race.  If anyone is interested please let me know.  A little more about me.  I am 25 years old, work a full time job during the day.  I typically train in the evenings around 5 or 530 during the week.  On days where I have two workouts I try and split them up with morning and night.  Morning training times are usually around 5 am.  Weekends I like to train in the morning, but I am pretty flexible on that.  I think that about sums it up for now.  If anyone is interested let me know!!!! ~Brian

• niemsco Legend 189 posts since
    Sep 24, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 8, 2008 6:59 AM (in response to B Cloutier)
    Re: Ironman Training Partner(s) in or near Chicago

I'm north of Chicago in Evanston.  I've done three ironmans and will do two next year (CdA and Wisconsin).  I'd be up for some long rides up to lake forest during the season, let me know, send PM.  I would start 5am or earlier.  I have a wife and kid so need to go early and get back early.  Also your best training rides would be done on the Ironman Wisconsin course for Louisville.  I recommend you get use to that course, it will be similar to Louisville.   Going 19.5 on the bike from a 5:30 1/2 ironman is a very aggressive goal considering these courses are very hilly.  But doable, but train on the hills!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...