Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2433 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2008 7:09 AM by LMB22 RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • LMB22 Rookie 20 posts since
    May 11, 2008

Hi there! I'm Lynn and I got totally freaked out in mid-March '08, when I saw 180# on the scale . I'm 5'6, in my mid forties, and that was what did it for me.  I figured if I was ever going to do something for myself - the time was now - while I still can do something - before I was too old or way too lazy!!!!!!   I went on vacation to Clearwater Beach Florida the end of March and started running then. It was a great place to start, the sun, first thing in the morning, the beach, the bridge to Sand Key. I also started eating better and lost 2 lbs in those two weeks before I joined WW when I got back from FL. So the weather began to get better here in MI and I continued my running ever other day. Kept track of my runs on a calendar, and tracked my meals - and just according to the WW plan, I was losing 1-2 lbs / week - the right way! My clothes started fitting better and I started entering races. I did my first 5k in May, started running with a group in training for the Crim (10 Miler) and have had a great summer. I've competed in some other 5K races, a 10 K, did the Crim 10Mile and just finished my first 1/2 Marathon the begining of the month. It's been a great experience. I can now run 2.5 - 3 Miles straight or 5 Miles with a small walk break in there.

I'm now in week 4 of the 6 week maintenance @ WW and so far I'm down to 152. ( 28# is alot of potatoes!) - that's how I see the weight - as 5 five pound bags of potatoes!

20 minutes straight will soon be a goal you can achieve. (that's a distance of around 2 +/- miles depending on your speed)

So - hang in there & keep up the good work!

Good Luck & Congratulations on getting up off the couch!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...