Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2753 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2008 1:43 PM by Imgellin RSS
MPrid27 Rookie 2 posts since
Jun 14, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 20, 2008 11:27 AM

Sore after first half-marathon

I just ran my first half marathon this past Saturday and felt no pain whatsoever until just as I finished the race--the temp was in the low 50s by then when the cold air hit my legs, I could feel them tense up instantly. I tried stretching after that and hydrating and then walked about a 1/2 mile to my car to go home...still sore Saturday night...all Sunday...and today...feels slightly better today, but the soreness is really prevalent in my quads, shins, and hips.

Anything else I can do besides rest, hydrate, and take the occasional ibuprofen? I haven't tried icing the areas at all...should I be doing that?

Thank you!

MPrid27 

"A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools."

Spanish proverb

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...