Skip navigation

2166 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2008 6:28 AM by mlapin RSS
KarateKix Rookie 4 posts since
Sep 15, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 26, 2008 9:25 PM

Fitness Kickboxing

Hey Guys!

I was curious to see if anyone in the Active community have tried Fitness Kickboxing, Cardio Karate, or anything along those lines. 

At my Martial Arts School, The Dojo of Karate, we are teaching a Cardio Kickboxing class called Karate Pump.  We basically teach a Kick boxing class, where you get to execute punches,kicks, blocks, and body movements on free standing bags to some great music in the background.

Has anyone every trained in these type of Fitness Kickboxing classes before?  If so, did you guys get great results compared to your other workout routines?  I've read many testimonials and heard from prospects how this type of alternative training has helped improve their fitness, self-confidence,endurance, and learn self-defense.

I'd enjoy to hear everyone's feedback about Cardio Kickboxing!

Javier

Javier Lozano, Jr.

The Dojo of Karate

303-920-4500

www.thedojoofkarate.com

javier@thedojoofkarate.com
  • nasmzmt Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 6, 2008
    1. Nov 6, 2008 1:36 PM (in response to KarateKix)
    Re: Fitness Kickboxing

Hey Javier,

I have been training the the Krav Maga Center in San Francisco for the past 1.5 years. In addition to teaching Krav Maga, they also offer KO Heavy Bag and Krav Maga Conditioning classes. Both of the classes make use of free standing heavy bags, kicking/punching drills, and countless burpees. Prior to joining the Krav Maga center, I have been involved in strength training using free weights for 15 years. I will tell you this, nothing compares to the full body workouts you get from hitting/kicking a heavy bag for an hour with a little blonde german girl saying "next combo! jab,cross, left hook, right elbow, 2 knees." I was pretty fit before I started taking these classes, but I became really "shredded" and my balance and coordination improved greatly. I would highly recommend this type of training to anyone looking to loose fat, tone up, and for people who also want to enhance their martial art skills.

Zack

"the more you lose, the more you gain"

the more you lose, the more you gain!
  • mlapin Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 25, 2007
    2. Nov 18, 2008 6:28 AM (in response to KarateKix)
    Re: Fitness Kickboxing

Javier,

I live in Atlanta Ga. Here we have a facility/club called Knuckle Up Fitness. They have 1 hour kickboxing classes plus numerous martial arts classes. I am a Certified Personal Tainer and i take these classes for my own fitness. I started with 3 days a week and in 3 months I lost 6% body fat and a lot of inches. And when I started i needed an inhaler to get through the class. in 3 months i didn't need it anymore and I haven't used it in a year. I am also an avid cyclist and my speed improved an average of 6 miles an hour!! I know this suonds like a commercial but it's all true. The quickness of the combinations and the plyometrics in between help maintain heart rate and cardio resulting in great conditioning. It's an awesome total body workout!!!

Peace, Love and Fitness,

Melissa

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...