Skip navigation

5668 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2009 4:09 PM by boyd9 RSS
CCC513 Rookie 4 posts since
Aug 22, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 25, 2008 4:14 PM

Joining the AVP and finding a partner

I am very active 24 year old man looking to play in the AVP someday. I have played alot of volleyball in college and summer sand ball but don't have experience in 2 man because there is none where I live in Minnesota. I willing to do whatever needed to join AVP and find a partner. What can I do to get there?

• VballJunkie Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 26, 2008
    1. Aug 26, 2008 9:14 AM (in response to CCC513)
    Re: Joining the AVP and finding a partner

Where do you live?  If you live outside the Cities, no question you're going to have to move.  There is an abundance of players in the Twin Cities the trick is finding them and getting "in" with them.  When I moved back to MN, I sat off the court every weekend for almost two and a half months before I was even considered to play just one game.  But once this happens, you have enterd MN's volleyball world.  You'll find that it is smaller than you think.  Where alot of people know alot of people in the volleyball community.  The community is small BUT, there are alot of really good players here.  So my advice to yoy is....  go to these open volleyball gyms, play alot.  Indoor is where you gain and sharpen your skills, on the beach is where your skills shine.  Play tournaments or alot of drop in games.  Once you feel you're ready  to take on the world move to L.A.  There are a million guys looking for the same thing.  And there is no shortage of vollyball there...

• leehour Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 8, 2008
    3. Nov 8, 2008 4:50 PM (in response to CCC513)
    Re: leehour the AVP and finding a partner

Hi ! how are you ? I am leehour realy want to play beach volleyball. I am sort   5'6"  but I realy more fact and jump high.

I live in MN to. .

byc good luck

• RitcheLagoBautista Rookie 4 posts since
    Nov 8, 2008
    4. Nov 11, 2008 1:21 AM (in response to CCC513)

If you're as serious as you sound then my advice is to move to Manhattan/Hermosa/Redondo Beach here in Southern California and start getting used to playing 2 man at the beach everyday. Find a good partner that you communicate well with and start entering CBVA(California Beach Volleyball Association) tournaments. Work your way up to a CBVA "AAA" rating and you're well on your way to becoming an AVP pro. CBVA tournaments are a fun but humbling experience. I've entered their "unrated" tournament and it's going to be a challege for me to earn a "B" rating. Then again, I'm 31 and out of shape, haha!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!

i love playing beach volleyball
  • boyd9 Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 3, 2009
    5. Mar 3, 2009 4:02 PM (in response to CCC513)

Hey im Justin and i have been playing beach volleyball in cali for a while. Im currently living in Salt Lake City with plans to move back to cali and play on the tour. If your still looking for a partner you should come to utah and hit me up. There are alot of players here and we play 4 days a week in the summer. That would give us plenty of time to work together and play. I am also looking for a teammate and want to play on the tour. call 801-673-0650 if still looking and want to figure something out

• boyd9 Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 3, 2009
    6. Mar 3, 2009 4:09 PM (in response to leehour)
    Re: leehour the AVP and finding a partner

Hey man are you still looking for a partner to play beach volleyball with

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...