Skip navigation

4516 Views 37 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2008 7:56 AM by Steelers21 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Nov 20, 2008 8:52 AM (in response to cplmtz0121)
    Re: ok, my community college students are morons.

Jesus, what the heck is up with that "essay"?  I felt pressure building in my forehead as I tried to read it!

I will run for cupcakes!!

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    16. Nov 20, 2008 10:02 AM (in response to HALOjen)

LOL, I thought you guys would enjoy reading it.  That is actually what a teammate, from my last class, submitted as his contribution to a group business research paper.  Like the the day before the paper was due!!  I had stupidly volunteered to put the paper together and ended up staying up very late working on fixing it.  I didn't have time to deal with this person, and I am not the greatest writter, but I can put together decent stuff when I focus.  So I figured it was easier to fix his part, than to try and have him submitt something that made sense.  But we got an A, or I got an A anyways

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

• Myblueeyedgurl Community Moderator 3,358 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007
    17. Nov 20, 2008 10:38 AM (in response to cplmtz0121)

Jesus, I think it's not very nice that you put my portion of the paper up there like that!

"You won?t lag behind, because you?ll have the speed. You?ll pass the whole gang and you?ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you?ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. " - - Dr. Seuss
  • FLKaren Legend 1,195 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007

I like your Scarlett O'Hara quote.

Dig deep, people, you can do it!
  • RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    19. Nov 20, 2008 3:21 PM (in response to thefirecat)

Looks to me that the CDC may have been redistributing their wealth of knowledge.

But your story reminds me of graduate school.  I had one group partner that consistently provided research with the most pictures.  She would have been presenting coloring books if they were in Maryland's library.  Anyway, ... on a topic of business globalization, she presented a telecom company common in Europe and North Africa.  To describe the business' operations, she copied directly from the company's annual report.  I was proof-reading for the group and noticed that there were an abundance of complete sentences and not one dangling participle.  I was stunned at her sudden inteligence.  I googled a few lines which took me right to the source.  I had to rewrite her entire section since it was due the next day and she was unreachable.  Fortunately, we graded each other which accounted for 20% of our semester grade.  She got what she earned.

Dec 14, 2007
    21. Nov 20, 2008 7:03 PM (in response to thefirecat)

...someone pass firecat the tequila!

Dec 14, 2007
    23. Nov 20, 2008 7:33 PM (in response to thefirecat)

OMG!!!!  Sara - that is so awful, the worst.  If it is not too late (kitty is not too stiff...blunt, i know), put the kitty in a small box.  when my kitty was hit by a car, the vet curled her up in a small box so it looked like she was sleeping...didn't freak my kids out as much.  If it is really cold outside, the back porch is the best idea.

Dec 14, 2007
    24. Nov 20, 2008 7:35 PM (in response to HALOjen)

What do YOU need?  Crappy papers and kitty nightmare...just too much...want me to send cookies?

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    25. Nov 20, 2008 7:40 PM (in response to HALOjen)

I think she needs two whiskey glasses, and a bottle of Johnny Walker.  Two glasses so that one will be always full while she drinks the other one

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    26. Nov 20, 2008 7:44 PM (in response to cplmtz0121)

I can make "so-good" brownies or lindzer tarts (I've never made them all by myself but they are soooo good when I help my mom!) or a big bottle of wine? Hard liquor of your choice? Beer?

• FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    29. Nov 21, 2008 5:23 AM (in response to badgergrl)

badgergrl wrote:

I can make "so-good" brownies 

Hmm, what's in those so-good brownies??

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...