Skip navigation

2661 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2008 8:17 PM by Steelers21
staving off decrepitude Legend 1,193 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 21, 2008 10:43 AM

Friday's run (in which I run 10 miles & throw a squirrel)

this was my longest run since the MCM. There was a dead squirrel in good shape (aside from being dead with his little paws in the air) in the middle of the road, so, harkening back to my possum throwing days, I picked him up by the tail and tossed him off the road so the scavengers could eat him in peace & I wouldn't have to look at him all the time. Yes I was wearing gloves which are now in the laundry

Chocolate is very nice.
  • Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008

Well done!  Muskrat Love is safe for now, but if you need a celebratory tune, hollar!

• RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007

Lemurs throwing squirrels?  What is this World Wild Life Wrestiling Federation?

I did a paltry 4.25 but am shooting for 7.5 tomorrow... but it's gonna be cold. 

But I have to run.  Have to run because I GOT MY NEW UNDER ARMOUR RUNNING SHOES TODAY!  Nice name: the "Revenant" (I was in that sub-population following the MCM).  Promising shoe design though.

Snug heel.The reason I left Asics after 20 years was because they moved their logo into the shoe structure (the criss-cross design on the side).  Because of my foot shape, one pair started cutting into my foot.  These shoes avoid that issue all together.Tongue is a little short but that's a personal preference -- I tie my shoes a little differently to enhance ankle support. Interesting shoe overall, especially the way you foot slides into the shoe.  Purely Under Armour, that's for sure.

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

Lee, today I tried to stuff a non-rectangular dead cat into a rectangular cooler, so I could keep it frozen until its owners come home on Sunday. Sadly, the laws of kitty geometry did not allow for this.

I have SO earned a beer.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007

Down here where I live some family would be enjoying a kitty/squirrel stew.  I know gross so I only say that to applaud you guys hospitality to the animal kingdom.

|

This place is like home!!!!

• KarlD_Navy84 Legend 879 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008

Tempo run today. It's not recommended that the training runs be done back to back with this program and I usually never do.  But I didn't have much choice this week because of my travel schedule.  Anyway, 6 miles total (2 miles easy, 3 at ST pace (7:50), and 1 mile easy).  Weather was good. Maybe a little breezy, but not too bad.  Average pace for the 3 miles at short tempo was about 7:49.5.  I'll try to knock out a bike workout tomorrow and then I have my 18 miles on Sunday evening after Winnie gets home from work.  Talk to you soon.

Karl

Karl

• Steelers21 Legend 592 posts since
    Apr 8, 2008

*Snug heel.The reason I left Asics after 20 years was because they moved their logo into the shoe structure (the criss-cross design on the side). Because of my foot shape, one pair started cutting into my foot. These shoes avoid that issue all together.*

I heard the same complaint from others, and some complained that the little "a" logo on top of the shoe caused the shoe to rub the top of their feet.

I have no such problems.  As you certainly know, once you find a shoe that is great for you, you cannot imagine using any other shoe.  That is they way that I am with Asics and the 2130 (now the 2140).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...