Skip navigation

2031 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2008 6:33 AM by Irish Runner77 RSS
dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
Jan 19, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 22, 2008 8:48 AM

Saturday runs

Just finished my 5 miles at 9:40 pace.  Felt really good.  No running tomorrow, rest day.

• RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    1. Nov 22, 2008 10:22 AM (in response to dutch omi)
    Re: Saturday runs

Just finished my 7.5 when I though I was taking it easy... pace was fastest all week even though it was the longest run since the MCM.

Cold.  Windy... and I overdressed.

First time with the new Under Armour shoes.  I like the results so far.  I like these shoes a lot though I will not have a full evaluation until running in them for a week or two.  Interesting design that uses a 'foot sleeve' that cradles the top of your foot on both sides of the tongue.  My left knee had been a problem child for some time but that is not the case today.  Again, I need to run a bit longer to determine the long-term effects.

No running tomorrow... FOOTBALL!!!!!!  Tailgating starts at 8 AM (general rule - no beer before 9).

• FLKaren Legend 1,195 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    2. Nov 22, 2008 10:22 AM (in response to dutch omi)

I did 7 this morning. It was a chilly 43 degrees. 3 shirts and I was good. 26.2 on the schedule for next Sunday!

Dig deep, people, you can do it!
  • DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    3. Nov 22, 2008 10:25 AM (in response to FLKaren)

First day that my back is pain-free but I'm achy from compensating. I'm definitely taking today off and will likely take tomorrow off so that I can start officially training for Antarctica on Monday. If I do run tomorrow it'll probably be an easy mid-distance, maybe five or six miles.

Nice runs, everyone

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    4. Nov 22, 2008 8:24 PM (in response to dutch omi)

No running for me today but I am looking forward to my "long" run tomorrow...woohoo...4 miles!!

Anyhow, I went on a hike through the woods today for about 2 hours with a most excellent group of people.  The trails were snowy and icy, but I love the woods in the winter!  After the hike, we went to a local microbrewery and tasted all of the beers. My favorite was Fat Gary...heehee.  We all left with a growler to enjoy over the Thanksgiving holiday.

I will run for cupcakes!!

• Irish Runner77 Legend 780 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    5. Nov 23, 2008 6:33 AM (in response to dutch omi)

No run, but did about 10 miles on my bike with a friend. We were shooting for 20, but taking a new route made a wrong turn, and then decided since our toes were turning into ice cubes that we would just head back and call it a day. next time getting thicker socks

I did invest in fleece lined biking tights & a wind shell, and they were soooo worth it.

MCM Finisher 2007, 2008, 2009
    CMM Finisher 2008
    Goofy Challenge Finisher 2009, 2010
    Pittsburgh Marathon Finisher 2009
    RnR Seattle Finisher 2009

Richmond Finisher 2009

RnR Las Vegas Finisher 2009

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...