Skip navigation

4004 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2008 10:28 AM by Immer treu 1 2 Previous Next
Steelers21 Legend 592 posts since
Apr 8, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 24, 2008 1:55 PM

Monday runs?

I am not running today, but I don't see that anybody has started a Monday run thread as of yet.  So, here goes.

I am not running today.  I will go to the gym and do 45 minutes on either the bike or treadmill, followed by a little weight lifting to improve my already impressive physique.  Think, Ahhnold, without the steroids ...

• DoubleEye Legend 645 posts since
    Feb 4, 2008
    1. Nov 24, 2008 1:57 PM (in response to Steelers21)
    Re: Monday runs?

Swam a half-mile during my lunch break. Will run a couple miles on Wednesday.

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    2. Nov 24, 2008 2:24 PM (in response to DoubleEye)

Swam 2,000 meters. I've had a lot of stress with the end of the semester so I had a lot to work out in the pool and that resulted in my fastest time for that distance yet. This was also my first official Antarctica training day. On Saturday I neurotically planned out all of my runs and races between now and Pittsburgh. I've previously trained with Higdon schedules and he has two weeks of long run increases and then a step-back week, which is usually double-digits. The Antarctica training schedule uses a program by Jenny Hadfield which has an every-other week increase in mileage with a drop back to 8 miles on the recovery weeks. I think that harder runs mid-week and more long-run recovery may work really well for me. I'll report back in a few months

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    4. Nov 24, 2008 2:43 PM (in response to Steelers21)

Just 3.25 in 26 degree weather -- I loved it.  I love a good cold day with no wind.  Rough running - too much tailgating yesterday and I felt it.  I'm not going to whine... you Philly folks.  Wow.  In that weather?  Of course I mean the marathoners because the football team didn't do too hot (... another Ravens TD! Another beer!  Not good).

The Under Armour Revenants are "so far so good."  Wierd - the shoes were tight to put on, but they fit my feet perfectly.  Just a little tough to get past the 'foot sleeve' (check out UA cross trainers to see something similar).

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Nov 24, 2008 2:47 PM (in response to Steelers21)

I ran, I ran! Well, I ran/walked because I hadn't run in, like, five days (see Kat's note re: end of semester) and also was really feeling like cr@p on a stick, hormone-wise. However, I also went to the chiropractor this morning before class, and I've never run the same day as a visit before. I was always kind of afraid I'd undo the good done.

Well guess what.

MY HIP BONES ARE TWO SEPARATE PIECES OF BONE ATTACHED VIA A JOINT IN MY BUTT, JUST LIKE IN THE TEXTBOOKS! AND MY FEMURS DON'T JUST SPROUT OUT OF THEM LIKE TOOTHPICKS. THEY HAVE JOINTS TOO!!!!

Who'da thunk??

Yeah, I spent the second mile waggling my butt around the trail as I ran. Because I could. I felt like the rag doll version of myself. Legs flopping all over the place. Arms flopping all over the place, rather than feeling as if they were dangling straight from my earlobes. If was friggin excellent.

Wow. Guess I should do this more often.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    6. Nov 24, 2008 3:51 PM (in response to thefirecat)

Sara, did you take a video of that run, and if so, could you please, please post it.  I ran my usual 5 miles today at a 9:20 pace.  It wasn't as great as most of my runs have been, but it was in general ok.  Trying to keep this up so that the turkey has some room to spread.

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    7. Nov 24, 2008 4:01 PM (in response to dutch omi)
    dutch omi wrote:

Sara, did you take a video of that run, and if so, could you please, please post it. 

Um, NEGATIVE. Hehehe.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Jan 19, 2008
    9. Nov 24, 2008 4:33 PM (in response to Steelers21)

And pictures after that posted here I hope.

• Kbear74 Legend 416 posts since
    Dec 4, 2007
    12. Nov 24, 2008 4:38 PM (in response to Steelers21)

I ran!!!!  And like most of us, it seems like it has been FOR FREAKING EVER!  It was a nice 3 miles on the treadmill.  But I had new tunage on the ipod.

Proud mom and Athena runner. Kara (and Jman)
    Jan 19, 2008
    13. Nov 24, 2008 4:43 PM (in response to Steelers21)

Delightful. 

• HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    14. Nov 24, 2008 5:08 PM (in response to Steelers21)

I swam today, too! I'm bummed that the pool closes tomorrow at 5:00 and won't reopen until next Monday!  I swam a solid 2000.  I felt soooo good afterward.  I'm telling you people, if you haven't tried it...get yourself to a pool!

I will run for cupcakes!!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...