Skip navigation

3503 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2008 9:31 PM by thefirecat RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Nov 26, 2008 1:36 PM (in response to dutch omi)
    Re: Wednesday Runs

Got my booty kicked in a total body conditioning class today.  I sat in a squat position against the wall for a good 1,000,000 minutes this morning and did more push-ups than a skinny girl like me should even attempt.  I hope I can lift my turkey tomorrow to put it into the roaster!

I will run for cupcakes!!

• RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    16. Nov 26, 2008 1:55 PM (in response to thefirecat)

thefirecat wrote:
    wzrthnu wrote:

5 fast miles last night (felt great), this morning .25 run and .25 walk. YES you read that right. I just wasn't feeling it. Got up, got dressed, walked out of the house, started jogging and all of a sudden I STOPPED! No reason, no pain, just couldn't do it?

Trying to leave work early and try again at 3:30- I'll keep you posted.

P.S. I've never done this before- I've had some bad runs but never so unmotivated.

I would attribute that to five fast miles last night. Your body woke up this morning and went, "What, this again? Hellz no" and went on strike. Depending on how late last night you ran, it could even count as a continuation of last night's run today, so it could be your body going, "this is not mile one, this is mile six."

And that's totally understandable. Try again tonight if you want. If you don't want, screw it. Take a rest day. They're good too.

MY RUN: three of the slowest miles ever. *_On the other hand, it's the first time I've run more than two miles in recovery. Yaaaaaayyyyy._ *

And Kat's right. Cold weather = asthma symptoms. I didn't even remember I had asthma until this morning.

Welcome back to the daily grind.  We'll clean the litter box for 'ya.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,276 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    17. Nov 26, 2008 3:14 PM (in response to HALOjen)
    curlyj wrote:

Got my booty kicked in a total body conditioning class today. I sat in a squat position against the wall for a good 1,000,000 minutes this morning and did more push-ups than a skinny girl like me should even attempt. I hope I can lift my turkey tomorrow to put it into the roaster!

It only seemed like 1,000,000 minutes because you were going very close to the speed of light.

Sara, it is very good to hear you're getting the mileage up.

Len

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    18. Nov 26, 2008 6:01 PM (in response to RunnerWags)
    RunnerWags wrote:

>

Welcome back to the daily grind.  We'll clean the litter box for 'ya.

Oh good. My mother will be pleased.

Len, it's sad that 3 miles is "up" in mileage, but yes. Dang it feels good. Just now I walked to a certain room at the top of the stairs, sat down for a spell, and thought, "Why are my legs so tired?"

Oh. Duh.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• wzrthnu Expert 46 posts since
    Sep 6, 2008
    19. Nov 27, 2008 9:20 AM (in response to RunnerWags)

I got back out last night, 4 decent miles- felt much better than the morning.  It is getting harder to get up and go in the morning, maybe I'll just run at night.

Shawn

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you are correct" - Henry Ford

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    20. Nov 27, 2008 9:31 PM (in response to wzrthnu)
    wzrthnu wrote:

I got back out last night, 4 decent miles- felt much better than the morning.  It is getting harder to get up and go in the morning, maybe I'll just run at night.

Find what works for you. I have a hard time running in the afternoons because by then I can usually BS my way out of it by saying I'm too busy. One thing that's worked for me lately is having a whole classroom full of runners in my 2:30. And I lecture in my running tights (and a baggy fleece, I'm not stupid). This way they all know I'm running after class, and they tell me to have a good run, and the next time I see them they ask me how it went.

Can you imagine how little respect I'd get from them if I bailed? I'd never be able to pull the imaginary cupcake stunt.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...