Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

752 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2009 11:23 AM by Robin Mayne
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 30, 2008 9:37 AM

2008 Long Beach (Calif.) Turkey Trot 5K/10K Run/Walk & Kids 1/2-mile Wingding Reviews

Share your experiences with the 2008 Long Beach (Calif.) Turkey Trot 5K/10K Run/Walk & Kids 1/2-mile Wingding below

Back to event details page.

• SoCal Edmond Amateur 10 posts since
    Jan 1, 2008

I thought this was a great event.  From my perspective, everthing happened as it was advertised. No surprises, the events started on time and parking was well organized.

I had a great time, I heard no complaints among the other participants.

Great job to the staff and to Justin Rudd for putting on a great event.  Well done, can't wait until next year. ( I hope I get a pie though..lol)

Only suggestion - how about finisher medals next year - they are always a nice reward and they always increase participation.

• delasol2 Amateur 8 posts since
    Mar 5, 2008

This event is a great 5k/10k Turkey Trot for Thanksgiving. Great out-and-back flat route that runs along the scenic shoreline in Long Beach. You can push a stroller, run at your pace and run at 2 different start times if you like to start at 8:30 am. Parking was good, if you have not been to this part of Long Beach, it is nice and good to see the nice homes/condos along the shoreline. I recommend it!

• Robin Mayne Rookie 4 posts since
    Nov 10, 2007

I am looking forward to running this event again this year (2009). I have ran in this race 2 times and it is great! Right next to the ocean, beautiful views, nice flat course, and fun events for the entire family. The organizers seem to think about the kids more than other races I have participated in which is really nice on a Thanksgiving morning. The t-shirts for women are nice fitting and the raffles have lots of prizes. My favorite part though is the view you get while running along the beach, the smell of the ocean and a great ocean breeze throughout the entire 10k. Not a better way to start my Thanksgiving morning.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...