Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

16228 Views 150 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2009 10:23 AM by euphoric RSS Go to original post 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next
  • euphoric Legend 940 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    150. Jan 1, 2009 10:23 AM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Re: 50 Plus Training and Racing - December

Happy New Year!

Hi, Liz. Good to read you are running again.

Monday was a pool running day, an intense one. We spent an hour on speed work and finished the session working without the belts. I worked on strength and flexibility the last two days. Today will be a run of undetermined distance as I'm still running for time rather than miles. I'll get the bike out later, dressed like the Michelin Man, just to see why I should quit hoping for nicer weather and put it on the trainer.

Rich, I don't think there are any posting rules here. Working through an injury or illness often seems more difficult than any distance run.

2009 resolution: Resist being a mileage junkie while continuing work in the water and on the wheels. Enter and participate in a sprint triathlon. I'd also like to do a time trial. (I hope Rich doesn't read this before I have time to come to my senses and edit.)

I realize this post is so last year. 2 miles in 18:15.  It was on a measured trail, so I know the distance.  2 hrs on the bike, shifting every time I felt any real effort.

Message was edited by: euphoric to include wrong year noted and run time.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...