Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1443 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2009 10:05 AM by WilliamJFisher
Lulu5831 Rookie 3 posts since
Jan 1, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 2, 2009 7:17 PM

Swimming Training in NYC

Hi everyone, I am registered for a summer sprint-tri in LI.  I am not a good swimmer so I am looking for a pool and classes.  However, I can not afford anything to expensive (College loans and all).  So if anyone knows an inexpensive coach, group class, or any alternative please let me know.  thank you.

Lulu was here

• Barry11 Legend 332 posts since
    Dec 5, 2007
    1. Jan 3, 2009 9:01 AM (in response to Lulu5831)
    Re: Swimming Training in NYC

Consider the YMCA.  Also, try the SBR Shop (212) 399-3999 or sbrshop.com. They are on 58'th street. They have trainers, classes and if they are to expensive, they will direct you to another source.  The people are very friendly and helpful.  I tried to buy some running shoes from them and they talked me into cheaper ones.

• WilliamJFisher Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 4, 2009
    3. Jan 4, 2009 10:05 AM (in response to Lulu5831)
    Re: Swimming Training in NYC

Best program in NYC is at Asphalt Green with Neil Cook.  He is a VERY experienced triathlon coach and is especially good at swimming.  He coaches group (less expensive although very good with lots of individual attention) and private lessions.  He also does a lot of video (above- and below-water videos) which is exceptionally helpful.  His number is 212-369-8890.  I know Neil from taking a triathlon coaches ceertification program with him and then visiting his program at Asphalt Green.

Bill

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points