Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3385 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2009 2:07 PM by High Performance Fitness
Grasim Rookie 1 posts since
Jan 24, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 24, 2009 1:48 AM

Are there any legal products for improving athletes? performance?

<![endif]><![if gte mso 9]>

<!--

/* Style Definitions */

p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal

{mso-style-parent:"";

margin:0in;

margin-bottom:.0001pt;

mso-pagination:none;

mso-layout-grid-align:none;

text-autospace:none;

font-size:12.0pt;

font-family:"Times New Roman";

mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}

@page Section1

div.Section1

-->

Hello,

+I am an athlete and have been preparing myself for a

competition - my specialty is the 400 metres. I am a little overweight, which

causes me to become tired around the 250m mark and drop off the pace. Are there

any products that can help increase my stamina - legally? Your guidance is

needed.+

• Samiiyo Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 26, 2009

<!--

/* Style Definitions */

@page Section1

div.Section1

-->

Hello,

Being an athlete it is very important for you to be fit for the competition, though taking any kind of medication to improve performance is often illegal. However, I have heard about a product from a reputed company called Melaleuca, who have created an Access Bar that burns body fat - great for increasing stamina. It has been used successfully by an Australian marathon swimmer, Tammy Van Wisse, who broke the New York to New Jersey swimming record in 2006 (http://www.melaleucaproducts.org). The product will help you to improve your performance and it is also legal, holds numerous patents worldwide, and is available in countries such as Canada, USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia Pacific. More details here in my signature given below:

<!--

/* Style Definitions */

a:link, span.MsoHyperlink

a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed

@page Section1

div.Section1

-->

[http://www.patented-weight-loss.com/|http://www.patented-weight-loss.com/]

• High Performance Fitness Amateur 8 posts since
    Jan 11, 2008

Most products, as you can imagine, are illegal.  The difficult part is deciding which product will work for you.  The truth about supplement is that they do not typically add to your natural performance.  They make up for what you are lacking in your training nutrition and routine.  Some offer a more intense workout, others protien or carbs.  With a great nutrition plan the body does pretty well for itself.  That being said, what are you lacking.  Are you taking in a balanced diet?  A lack of just 5% water will decrease performance.  Are you getting the right nutrition before races?  Blood sugar will be very key in an event like the 400 meters. 

The reality is, if you are carrying bodyfat and you are feeling a drop in energy around 250 meters, you can point to a couple of issues.  Insufficient nutrition (lack of something, excess of something else)or inefficient training (too many long runs, not enough conditioning, not enough rest between training days) will cause even the best runners to have a bad day.  Spending money on supplements when you can see the same results by training smart seems a little silly.  Besides, eventually you will reach your near full potential and need the supplementation.  

If we were near max potental and we wanted to be more competitive I may suggest a Creatine Supplement (depending on the rules of the league/club) or maybe a nitric oxide supplement depending on the client and the rules.  Most likley the performance can be improved with a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of chocolate milk 15 min before warmups.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...