Skip navigation

9282 Views 82 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2009 11:37 AM by MikeDaMarine08 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next
  • RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    76. Jan 27, 2009 6:35 PM (in response to Irish Runner77)
    Re: Shamrock on

I'm signed up for the Dolphin Challenge (8K on Sat followed by the half(assed) on Sunday.  Think I could switch to the Whale challenge (8K Sat followed by full, or fool, marathon on Sunday). 

The biggest issue for me is partying.  I did a 2:06 1/2 last year with a hangover and after having a beer 3.5 miles in.  He11, I'm lucky I didn't run into rehab.  But overall, I really, really had a blast. 

Now I need to decide if I'll make the Shamrock my spring marathon (I could easily do 15 this weekend, weather permitting). 

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    79. Jan 29, 2009 6:35 PM (in response to MikeDaMarine08)

I think Friday at some point a slew of us will be arriving, not sure what time we will leave the DC area - haven't really discussed it quite yet.  I know when we all thought the half was on Saturday (or at least I did!) we were all going to take a half day on Friday and drive down, not sure if that's still the plan

I'll pass on the sushi, unless you all want to see me covered in little red dots and my hands and feet swell up.

• RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    81. Jan 30, 2009 11:14 AM (in response to MikeDaMarine08)

LAst year I started at Murphy's Irish place on Friday night for something light plus a glass of water.  I was going to watch myself all weekend.  By Sunday, after 18 miles and 36 beers, I was surprised I didn't run into rehab.

I'll be heading down early Friday.  I have to leave Towson by 10:30 to miss the NoVA traffic.  This will put me in Norfolk prior to the 3 cut-off.

Now I just have to decide whether to upgrade... The current head cold doesn't help.  But it would be good to knock out my spring Marathon a little early and I'm already up to 14 miles.  Another month and I can hit 20.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...