Currently Being Moderated

Feb 8, 2009 9:27 PM

San Dieguito Half Marathon/5K Run/Walk Reviews

Share your experiences with the San Dieguito Half Marathon/5K Run/Walk below

Back to event details page.

• ActiveAlan Amateur 19 posts since
    Sep 26, 2007
    1. Feb 8, 2009 9:27 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: San Dieguito Half Marathon/5K Run/Walk Reviews

What a great event!  I'm a novice runner and this was my first half-marathon.  The 'rolling hills' were a challenge, but the race course is amazing - through one of the most scenic areas of San Diego.  Make sure you get there early next year as parking is limited...and it is a bit of a walk to the starting line.  But the event was very well organized, great supporters along the way and an amazing course!  My wife and I will be there again next year!

• aireyb123 Amateur 17 posts since
    Jul 2, 2007
    2. Feb 9, 2009 3:39 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first half-marathon and it was a blast.  The course was quite hilly, but provided fantastic views of the area.  Support was great along the course and was well guarded from traffic.  I look forward to doing this again next year.

• Chris-admin-disable-July Expert 28 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    3. Feb 9, 2009 4:08 PM (in response to Guest )

Great race to jump-start your season if you're up for a challenge. This course has rolling hills throughout, including the last .25 on a steady grade. The scenery makes it all worth-while though.

This is not a chip-timed event, so be sure to bring your own watch to get an exact time and help keep pace.

• FitMom Amateur 17 posts since
    Jul 2, 2007
    4. Feb 9, 2009 7:19 PM (in response to Guest )

What a great race!  This was my second half marathon, although the first was years ago now.  My goal was to complete the race without stopping, and I was able to do just that.  The course was great - very pretty route.  Can't wait to do it again next year.

• amzluvs2run Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 26, 2007
    5. Feb 10, 2009 2:43 PM (in response to Guest )

This is a great event. Every year I forget exactly how hilly the course is, but if you are training for a longer distance it is a great gauge of your current abilities. Also, it is very well organized, but maintains a small local feel, which is refreshing.

• SPConley Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 17, 2007
    6. Feb 16, 2009 5:28 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my third time doing the event-I love it and it seems to get better every year. Course was challenging and although I got toasted in the end by a gentleman/potential octagenarian much older than I am, I was pleased to beat a younger "hydration belt" guy and recover within 48 hours thanks to the morning Active X workouts.

• Ayshad Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 3, 2008
    7. Apr 3, 2009 7:14 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my second half marathon and I had a great time.  I traveled from Colorado for the race and would do it again.  The race was well organized with lots of support and course monitors, but there was no chip timing so bring a watch.  The course winds through some spectacular countryside with beautiful homes.  The "rolling hills" are very challenging but also very rewarding when you finish and know what you achieved.  Get there early as traffic was backed up the last mile and parking was very limited.  I parked over a mile away.  Since I am not going to win a race, the t-shirt was awesome and the finisher medal was very nice.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...