Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1355 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2009 5:53 PM by Runner Chick'en RSS
socalirunning Amateur 12 posts since
Feb 11, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 11, 2009 2:54 PM

I love the feeling.

When Im sore all over and know I had a good run. Thats how I feel today. I wish everyday felt like this .

• brittanypg Amateur 18 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Feb 12, 2009 11:43 AM (in response to socalirunning)
    Re: I love the feeling.

Funny you should mention this.....ME TOO!!!!!

Actually when I first started "working out" a handful of years ago, I was using the eliptical machine. I could go forever on there, get off and not actually FEEL like I did anything WORTH doing. I was losing weight, so it was obviously WORTH it, but mentally I didn't feel rewarded.

I found that the muscle aches after I lifted weights was what FELT good.

My mom is a runner, so determined to find something that she and I had in common, I tried this thing called running.

Amazing that 10 minutes of running was much harder, and much more rewarding to me than 45 minutes on the eliptical....and so it started!!!

I loved knowing that I could run for 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes.

I loved knowing that I could run 2 miles, 3 miles.....then I stopped!

A couple years ago my mom convinced me to run a half marathon with her, it was time to get going....and i haven't stopped.

I love knowing that I can run further than I am even willing to walk (13.1 seems like a REAL LONG WALK...zzzzz). That some people drive to work everyday and it's only 5 miles.....I RUN 5 miles on a short day!!!

It is a great feeling knowing you pushed harder and faster, when your body tells you the next day..."man, we worked hard yesterday!"

I love the feeling of accomplishment running gives you, and that GREAT PAIN it rewards you with!!!!!!

• Urbster Legend 760 posts since
    May 27, 2008
    3. Feb 12, 2009 6:58 PM (in response to socalirunning)

Yes I dig afterwork out feeling,  there' s a high or something with that, but lately it's harder and harder to get sore anymore.   I guess that's sorta a hight too.

• Corkers Amateur 34 posts since
    Nov 12, 2007
    4. Feb 13, 2009 5:49 AM (in response to socalirunning)

I always feel better when I'm sore after a workout.  As a matter of fact, my favorite feeling is just being wiped out after a workout, in having nothing left in me.  I usually go to the gym or for a run as a stress reliever.  After a hard day dealing with teenagers, sometimes I just have to leave it all in the gym.

• RunDaddyRunx4 Legend 1,037 posts since
    May 12, 2008
    5. Feb 13, 2009 6:00 AM (in response to socalirunning)

I agree, I did a long run today and now waddling around like a duck but feel great.:p

• RUNCRYSTAL Pro 93 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    6. Feb 13, 2009 7:41 AM (in response to socalirunning)

I love a good sweat!!! That is why I love running outside in the summertime.  I love to do my speedwork in the evening and then go home eat my chips or get some ice cream and relax - ahhhh!

Don't cry because its over.  Smile because it happened.
  • Steve Carton Legend 369 posts since
    Oct 11, 2007
    7. Feb 14, 2009 4:00 PM (in response to RUNCRYSTAL)

Did an LSD this morning (21) and am now waddling around with stiff and achy legs. But happy as a clam.

• Runner Chick'en Pro 145 posts since
    Jan 24, 2008
    8. Feb 15, 2009 5:53 PM (in response to socalirunning)

My husband thinks it is crazy but I feel the same way

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...