Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

13910 Views 56 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2009 1:01 AM by runner3041 Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • brittanypg Amateur 18 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    46. Jan 23, 2009 4:41 PM (in response to ryan_bloom29)
    Re: 26.2 CAR STICKERS

I first saw these on my moms car.....when I asked her about them and she told me I was currently training for my first HALF, so that was my goal, to FINISH and get a sticker!!!!!!!

SHe bought it for me at the expo that year and gave it to me after I finished with her. It was awesome.

I love seeing other peoples stickers too, it makes me want to speed up and get in front of them so they can see mine too!!!!!!

• brittanypg Amateur 18 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    47. Jan 23, 2009 4:43 PM (in response to ryan_bloom29)

I also have one that says "Running is cheaper than therapy"

I have the tank top of that as well, it is my daily motto!!!

• Runnerndn Expert 45 posts since
    Jan 31, 2009
    48. Jan 31, 2009 9:38 PM (in response to ryan_bloom29)

Hey,

nothing wrong with that, i have a keychain that has 26.2 marathon on it.  also, a car tag, that has 26.2 marathon, .  i'm a vet of 3 marathons, number 4 will be cowtown, the 28th of february, in fort worth, and numero five will be OKC memorial in april.  good luck all you runners/marathoners.

• RunDaddyRunx4 Legend 1,037 posts since
    May 12, 2008
    49. Feb 10, 2009 1:30 PM (in response to ryan_bloom29)

Hey all,

We earned the right to put a 26.2 sticker on our car, I did.  If anyone else out there doesn't know what it means that is just that much "sweeter" for us.  We are a unique society and all share a common bond of the love for running.  Way to go Ryan and all who produdly show the 26.2 on their vehicles.

• RUNCRYSTAL Pro 93 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    50. Feb 13, 2009 7:25 AM (in response to RunDaddyRunx4)

I love to see them on cars!!! it makes me smile.  Thats right we earned it.  I have a 26.2 sticker and a "I run 13.1" license plate frame or whateever they call it.  I also have a 26.2 headband.  My girlfriend asked me what was 26.2 and I told her.  My dad thought the 26.2 sticker was a new radio station (lol).  I dont mind explaining it because I am proud of my accomplishment.

Don't cry because its over.  Smile because it happened.
  • cavern1996 Amateur 19 posts since
    Oct 24, 2007
    51. Feb 13, 2009 6:37 PM (in response to RUNCRYSTAL)

I'm for em.

Got the 13.1 bumper sticker, license plate, t'shirts, aches and pains to qualify me for the half.......i'll be running my first full marathon by the end of the year.  You'll see a 26.2 bumper sticker, license plate, t'shirt and those aches and pains then....

• Steve__2027 Amateur 33 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    52. Feb 13, 2009 8:43 PM (in response to ryan_bloom29)

I think they are great.  It is like the hiking stickers and license plates that I see for the 4,000-foot club in NH; which is for climbing 48 of the 4,000 foot mountains in NH.  It brings back great memories and good way to meet some great folks.

Same thing applies to the 26.2 or 13.1 stickers!

Karmasnow: 

what kind of time do you need to qualify for Boston??  I too am going to try to qualify for Boston.  I need a 3:30:59 or better.  I am going to run the Frederick Marathon in May!  I ran two Marathons in 2008 (one was a training run).  I officially raced the Baystate Marathon in October 1998 at 4:11:24.  Have a bit of work to do to get down to 3:30

DRE Day:

Will be running a marathon down in Frederick Maryland on the same day you are running in NJ.  Best of luck on May 5th!  Then go get your sticker!

Anyone interested in following my "Q2Q" or Quest to Qualify for Boston, can check out my blog here on Active.com.  I am going to be providing updates.  etc on training, race results  and also looking for feedback and suggestions.

http://community.active.com/blogs/Q2Q

• fredfromsj Amateur 10 posts since
    Sep 30, 2007
    53. Feb 13, 2009 9:35 PM (in response to ryan_bloom29)

I finish my first marathon in San Diego 2008.  At that time, I thought it was a major accomplishment and was proud to display it on my windshield.   It was great conversation starter, at first.  For the rest of the year, I finished 3 more marathons, 6 half marathons, numerous 10 and 5K's.  My display of pride ended up sharing space with the medals I received from all the races - in a shoe box hiding in the corner of the closet.  Not to mention the stack of t-shirts that will not find the light of the day.

This discussion reminds me of the journey I took 3 years ago:  The endless trials of finding the right shoes; the many outfits I tried to look like a runner; the music selection for my mp3 player.  In the end, running is no longer a cause or goal, but an activitiy worthy of enjoyment.  No more $100 shoes, pro style outfit or ear shattering mp3 player.  I now share my conversation on the road with other runners, and the fans cheering on the side.

It's great to indentify other marathoners through the stickers on the windshield.  Only now, when I am not running, I do most of the listening.   That is just how I like it.

• Steve Carton Legend 369 posts since
    Oct 11, 2007
    54. Feb 14, 2009 3:51 PM (in response to DaveVause)

But, Dave ... It surely is a psalm!

• Steve Carton Legend 369 posts since
    Oct 11, 2007
    55. Feb 14, 2009 3:56 PM (in response to ryan_bloom29)

I generally don't like stickers of any kind on my car (or magnets). And I didn't get one after my first marathon. But after the second, I just couldn't help myself.

I love the gas-guzzler comment above. We should all be doing the best we can, so no judgement here. But I do sometimes feel like I'm eating a triple-decker burger from Wendy's and washing it down with a diet code when I drive my guzzler around with a 26.2 sticker on the back.

• runner3041 Amateur 15 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    56. Feb 16, 2009 1:01 AM (in response to ryan_bloom29)

I proudly display my 26.2 sticker and love it when people ask me what it means!  They can't believe I actually ran over 26 miles!  It is such an accomplishment for me and I can't wait for the day to run another one!

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...