Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

792 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2009 10:43 AM by christine94 RSS
christine94 Expert 56 posts since
Sep 23, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 26, 2009 6:56 AM

A really big challenge for me this year... a new journey.

You'll never guess what i'm doing this year.  It was all a part of a discussion to help my husband reach his weight loss goal.  I am training for a 1/2 ironman.   Yeah that's right.  I have been training for only a month.  The ironman and the 1/2 ironman are in June.  I never had this on my radar screen for training.  I was going to do some 10k's a few more 5ks a 1/2 marathon, and a 10mile.  All running.  Well i will do the 5k's and the 10 mile  But mixed in there i'll be doing the 1/2 ironman.  Oh forgot to mention i'm doing 2 of them.  Yes two.  The other one is in Sept.  A very good friend of mine who has been doing tri's and has done an ironman is training my husband and I.   I have a bike, and i've learned to use a vassa swim machine.  My training schedule is pulled together now for the weather to warm up so i can ride outside. 

This is going to be a journey like none I have ever done.  I know what to expect from running but combining the two will be interesting.  A brand new journey that i'll be updating a lot before the big day.  I just wanted to share.  This is as much scary as it is intimidating, as much as it is fun.  Fun for now, i'll give you my opinion once i get outside on my bike.  LOL

Oh what  challenge....

Christine

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...