Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

4840 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2009 5:58 PM by keithsgirl
Sarah02 Rookie 3 posts since
Feb 27, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 27, 2009 3:06 PM

Is anyone running the Santa Barbara 1/2 Marathon in May?

This is my first 1/2 marathon, so I figured I would run trough Wine Country.  If anyone is running this, let me know

• momkjc53 Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 28, 2009

Hi Sara:

Well, I'm not "running!"  I'm walking! This is my 1st 1/2 Marathon too!  I'm looking forward to it.  It sounds like fun!  Are you from the Santa Barbara area?  If not, have you made your hotel reservations yet or are you going to drive in that morning?  I'm still searching for reasonable rates to book our room.  I'm planning on staying for the weekend - arriving Friday and staying through Monday!  Good luck to you! 

• momkjc53 Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 28, 2009

Coming from Boston? WOW!  This will be an exciting trip for you then!  Thanks for reminding me!  I really need to get on line and get my room booked.  I don't have far to go.....I'm from the San Fernando Valley, just a couple of hours away, but I'm planning on making it a short vacation....going up on Friday and staying through Monday.  I'm also getting in a regular work out.  I'm not having too much trouble with the distance (this last weekend I did 9 miles) but I need to get my timing down.  I'm doing about an 18 min mile and I need to get it down under 15 min.  Are you bringing family or friends with you?  I'll have my 4 boys with me (since it is Mother's day weekend!) and I think some other family and friends are going to come up to cheer me on!  Good luck to you too!  Maybe we'll meet each other at the race!

• Jennholl Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 14, 2009

Hey Sarah, did it last year with my sister, it was really great!  Beautiful scenery, one crazy hill, but we ran up it (slowly) .  It was our first half, doing another this weekend in Camarillo CA.  You'll love it.  Have a great run!

• Jennholl Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 14, 2009

Weather was nice (cold in the am then warmed up to tank weather) when we ran it, but it could go either way up there.  Could be cold and foggy, or hot and sunny, or a little of both.  Be prepared for anything, always layer in california!  Thanks for the luck, we are just happy to finish!!  And say We Did It!!  Take Care

• keithsgirl Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 25, 2009

Hi yes I am ! And I am getting in shape by running with the NYK NYC vest!

It has increased my endurnace and stamina and My body looks better than it has ever looked ! tight toned and sleek lean muscle mass.

I can run twice as much as I used to , my trainer said using this vest will build endurance and it stays put while I run so I am ready to run

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...