Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1040 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2009 8:20 PM by Graciemygirl RSS
Graciemygirl Rookie 27 posts since
Apr 12, 2005
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 5, 2009 6:34 PM

first 5 miler...and it's supposed to rain/snow

I am excited to run this race but it is supposed to be rainy and possibly snowy.  I have been wearing tights and base layers with adequate warm layer over them but wondering what I should wear on top to stay dry without over heating now?  I dont want to get too hot and I do not want to underestimate the weather.  Any advice will help!

Thanks so much!

Angie

Angie Drew 
  • spicegeek Community Moderator 2,563 posts since
    Jan 14, 2007

don`t go crazy with the top layers - I usually find even the colest weather a thin long sleeve wicking shirt and thick fleece jacket is more than enough - throw a water proof wind breaker over the top if you want a dry layer - I like to have zippers on the jacket and fleece so I can open then during the race if necessary - but for 5 miles - as it`s a shorter distance and it won`t take that long to run I wouldn`t bther with a wind breaker but I would check a dry fleece to change into after the race

Good Luck !!!

NYC Marathon          Nov 1 2009     -   4:03:13 ( 9:17 mm )

NYC Half Marathon   Aug 16 2009   -   1:55:38 ( 8:49 mm )

1 mile -  7:07                             10K     - 52:58 ( 8:32 mm)

4 mile - 31:35 ( 7:53 mm)          8K      - 42:28 ( 8:32 mm)

15K -     1:22:02 ( 8:49 mm)

Find the Half Marathon Team on FACEBOOK

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...