Skip navigation

13553 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2016 6:10 AM by CarlShirley0
2009Andy Rookie 2 posts since
Jan 31, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 31, 2009 5:43 PM

A watch for all sports

I'm looking for a pedometer to tell me how many miles when I run.  But I want an all purpose fitness watch for running, swimming, hiking and other sports.  I don't know what needs I have for other sports yet but I want to buy one that will give me the most for the buck.  If you have to pick one, what do you recommend?

Thanks

• beach.girl2 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 31, 2009
    1. Jan 31, 2009 5:58 PM (in response to 2009Andy)
    Re: A watch for all sports

Polar Heart rate monitor watch has one. It has GPS, HR monitor etc. look into it. That would be my next watch since the one I have is just a HR monitor, calorie counter etc. by Polar.  Good luck.

• applekate Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 11, 2009
    3. Mar 16, 2009 3:32 PM (in response to beach.girl2)

I hear from a Polar rep that Polar has a less expensive  GPS model coming out April 1. No, not an April Fools joke..check their web site April 1.

• redidier Amateur 27 posts since
    Jul 21, 2009
    4. Jul 22, 2009 7:37 PM (in response to 2009Andy)

So, what did you decide on?

I am looking for a watch that lets me set intervals ahead of time with a beep, to do running intervals.  Plus a HRM would be great.

thanks

• Amanda/Panda Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 20, 2008
    5. Sep 21, 2009 4:45 PM (in response to 2009Andy)

I'm just starting to train for my first 1/2 Marathon, and need to get a watch.  Any ideas for a good basic watch?

Thanks!!

• CarlShirley0 Rookie 7 posts since
    May 18, 2016
    6. Aug 4, 2016 6:10 AM (in response to 2009Andy)

This might be an old thread but just to share the feedback from the Timex Ironman One GPS+ Watch that I recently bought.

Specifications are:

Insta-fix GPS provides fast and accurate distance and pace

Built-in MP3 player can connect tunes to your wireless Bluetooth headset (not included)

Always-on, touchscreen Qualcomm Mirasol display provides brilliant resolution inside or out

50-meter water resistance, so you can splash and swim worry-free - GPS reception and cellular services not available with watch in water

Great watch that does exactly what is was designed to do: be a phenomenal running GPS watch. Crisp screen, great graphics, intuitive menus, and tracking features that don't require lugging around a phone for your run.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points