Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

4280 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2009 6:38 AM by TriMamaTri
jldowne Amateur 32 posts since
Sep 27, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 27, 2008 1:01 PM

Triathlon Training Program for someone like me...:-)

I am about to begin training for my first Olympic distance triathlon (1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 10k run). I completed two sprint distance (500 yard swim, 15 mile bike, 5k) triathlons over this past summer  and myself to be a pretty seasoned runner (1/2 marathon shape almost year round, completed 5 marathons,and keep a base of about 25 miles per week minimum).  Currently I can swim 1 mile but it takes me almost 40 minutes and I am certainly NEW to swimming. Due to cold weather conditions, I teach one indoor cycling class per week and try to attend one other class.  Once the weather warms up I will take to the road, but am not super comfortable on the bike either. In my past triathlons (both very hilly) my bike mph averaged about 16.5-17.  When looking for a triathlon training plan I have found a lot of freebies for beginners online and on local club sites, but many of them seem to be for real "beginners". Since I am a fairly strong runner and can swim a mile already (yes, slowly) I was wondering if there were some better plans out there for someone like me. I don't want to set myself back, but I also feel that some intermediate plans may be too intense. I know I could create my own, but wasn't sure if any of you had any secret sites where plans were free and could be customized per athlete. Any insight would be great. 

THANKS!

JLD

Mom of two beautiful little girls, marathon, and aspiring triathlete

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points