Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1212 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2009 6:18 PM by Mouserunner
Mouserunner Expert 37 posts since
Mar 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 2, 2009 3:10 PM

Need advice on slight knee pain.

I have been running again for about 4 weeks now after taking a year off. I am following a 10K training plan and have been running M, W, F, Sat. with off days in between. Yesterday after my run the outside (right), lower portion of my right knee was sore. This is to the right and from the center to just under the knee cap. I didn't notice it while running, only after. Today the pain seems to be gone. Since I am planned for a 4 mile run tomorrow and 5 on saturday, should I be concerned?

Frank Montgomery, IL *Fox Trot 5K, April 26th, 2009* *Rosary 5K, May 2009* *Disney Marathon, January 2010* Help support LIVESTRONG.ORG and my FIRST MARATHON. [Cure Cancer|http://www.active.com/donate/mouserunner] *Thank you for your support.*
  • lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,400 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 2, 2009 6:00 PM (in response to Mouserunner)
    Re: Need advice on slight knee pain.

Any pain (as opposed to soreness) should be of at least some concern. If the pain is on the lateral side of the knee (away from the other leg), it could be Illiotbial Band Syndrome (ITB). This can usually be treated with stretching, foam roller exercises, etc. 

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_5/194.shtml#iliotibial

Len

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...