Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1799 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2009 7:06 PM by Loves2Runn
Loves2Runn Rookie 3 posts since
Feb 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 6, 2009 7:06 PM

Junior in High School ~Need some tips

I'm 17 and im a junior. EVer since 8th grade running I started running totally mental. I did fine Middle school years and then I just started running mental. I think about how tired I am and then I just constantly think about that instead of running to catch up or to win. I tell myself im tired when im not even tired. I know it should be a easy fix.. just don't think about it, but i've tried! When you guys are in a race and you're getting tired what do you think about? An example is during a mile, right when I hit that 400 im telling myself im dead tired even tho im not even tired, so then I slow down a TON. I know this is crazy but its ruining my running career. I love running a lot so if you guys could help me fix this I will be greatful! Thanks for reading this

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...