Skip navigation

3583 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2009 6:59 PM by KrisMCM RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Apr 12, 2009 3:38 PM (in response to JerryX)
    Re: It's Sunday..Who is ready to run?

Have I told you people how lucky you are lately?  Isaac, next time y'all have 20 miles to run, bring Shell over here to my house and head out my driveway down the quietest emptiest country road you can find, see nothing but pastures and a couple of rednecks trying to run you off the road in their pickup trucks, and do that for three hours without an iPod.  That's my long run.

Jeremiah, your 22 and an amazing 8:30 pace sounds like my dream run.  Isn't that the same path that Craig runs on?  I look at his pictures of the path on his blog and drool.  Looks like heaven.

Y'all are unbelievably lucky to have to be able ot have such amazing and interesting runs.  Wow.  Good job, too.  Tell Shell enjoy that ice bath.  I've found sitting in the pool after a 45-degree night is close enough.  Yikes!

And holy cow, Cora, 7:15 mile???  You should be smoking that Army friend!  Now I'm really jealous and feeling like I need to get off my duff and go run a few.  Great jobs, all!  Five sounds good for me too, Len and Charlotte.  We'll see what I can do now that the rain has stopped finally.  Happy Easter!

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    16. Apr 12, 2009 3:53 PM (in response to DoubleEye)

Isaac pretty muched summed up the run pretty nicely, but I'll add a few things:

I felt GOOD up through mile 16 and then BAM, my legs hit the wall.  Seriously, the first 13 flew by and after we stopped at the car, I was trucking and dropped my mile time by 10sec/mile from mile 13-16ish and then all of a sudden my calves just weren't having it any longer - that was the most painful thing I've ever experienced while running.  Nothing I did felt good; walking hurt, standing hurt; jogging hurt; sitting hurt - it was awful.  After walking (more like hobbling) and massaging them, they started to feel better and once Isaac ran to get the car, I attempted a sloooow jog to see how the legs would handle it and nope, that wasn't happening.  I did keep walking until that garmin hit 20 miles and I'm dang proud of that!

There is nothing like singing (badly) at the top of your lungs on a beautiful Sunday morning too see how people react for entertainment.

Pittsburgh here I come!

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    17. Apr 12, 2009 4:05 PM (in response to badgergrl)

You guys are all awesome. Ike and Shell, I love the points game! I seriously need to live in DC so we can be better friends. I didn't run today, I BIKED! Ahhhhhhhhhh I love it. I found a half mile flat stretch so I could practice shifting gears and stopping and turning and just get comfortable with my bike. I rode back and forth for about a half an hour and even just riding back and forth was so much fun. I only stopped because I have 20 tomorrow and since I don't ride bikes I don't know what will or won't stress my legs. I loved the wind and the speed and the sound of my tires on the road. I also found out the Pittsburgh triathlon is in July, so I think I have a new goal! Who wants to help me peer pressure Jen and Ike (and anyone else who is interested.... Shell?!) into doing it with me?

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    18. Apr 12, 2009 5:02 PM (in response to DCtoPgh)

Kat, I'm so glad you've loving the bike!  What fun!  Best wishes on that 20 tomorrow.  I am sure it will be a successful and phenomenal run for you!!

I finally got out there for a few.  After my 16-mile long run yesterday, my legs were a little sore.  Ran two easy miles, then walked a quarter mile, then ran a mile as fast as I could, then walked another quarter.  Total of 3:5 miles.  I'll take it.  It's Shiner time!

• Charlie!2 Legend 1,128 posts since
    Jan 21, 2008
    19. Apr 12, 2009 5:56 PM (in response to FormerBAM)

Nita, Only 16 eh? Well the 3.5 today almost makes 20 for the weekend. Seriously though, Good run Nita!

Good for all of you to get out there today and put those miles in!

I did a little over 16 today. The longest I have run continuous since getting back to running. I did over 16 about a month ago but was forced to walk a few times so this one felt good to be able to do the whole thing without walking. Small triumphs here and there! Just need to work on a better pace now. I was going to do 20 but I may run a Half next weekend and didn't want to do too much in case I do run it.

Happy Easter to all!

• skigirl60 Amateur 27 posts since
    Oct 30, 2008
    20. Apr 12, 2009 6:00 PM (in response to DCtoPgh)

Kat,

I am glad you found a bike, what kind did you buy?  We enjoy riding a lot and have several bikes.

• KrisMCM Pro 137 posts since
    May 2, 2008
    22. Apr 12, 2009 6:59 PM (in response to FLKaren)

I snuck in another run this morning before easter dinner. Did 4 1/2 miles with plenty of hill work. Figured I needed an excuse to shovel in all the food I did. I felt good, and the hills hurt appropriately. Rest day tomorrow. Right now looking like another rain run on Tuesday.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...