Skip navigation

11204 Views 35 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2010 1:30 PM by classicallytrained RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • FLKaren Legend 1,195 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. May 11, 2008 3:55 PM (in response to dutch omi)
    Re: Happy Day of All Mothers!

dutch omi wrote:

Happy mother's day to all you moms on this board. You're absolutely wonderful. I'm having the time of my life in NYC, we're here with our daughter, our little granddaughter who turned three, our son-in-law's parents, and our son-in-law's mom's sister and husband. Went out to brunch, going out to dinner, I had a good run, got a great pin from our daughter and son-in-law, a pea pod with two pearls, what more can one ask for, and not only that, we're all in good health.

I love the pea in a pod jewelry. It's so cute. Sounds like you had a fabulous day.

Dig deep, people, you can do it!
  • Colorado Dreaming Pro 73 posts since
    May 1, 2008

staving off decrepitude wrote:
    Colorado Dreaming wrote:

I not sure how to quote the message I'm responding to...still haven't got the hang off this board, but I'm one of the other running "moms" (and I am an Oma as well) out there, so thank you for mother's day wishes and back to every other mom out there as well.

Colorado

P.S. To the keeper of the MCM participant thread (I think Nita) - I'm in as well. It will be my 3rd. Have a great day everyone.

To quote the message you're replying to, after you hit reply and get the box for typing your reply in... At the top of the box is a happy face icon. Just to the left of the happy face is a couple of word bubbles. Click that and it puts the quote into the reply box for you.. Then you have to click under the quote box and type your reply. Otherwise your reply ends up inside the quote box.

Thank u so much Staving - hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Colorado

MCM 2010 -  Organization for Autism Research (OAR)

- Run for Autism  http://firstgiving.com/debbyandkendrasmith

• HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    17. May 11, 2008 4:41 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Thanks for the Happy Mother's Day wishes!  My husband surprised me with the Garmin 405 this morning after sleeping in and making me breakfast.  He is the best!!  My little one made me the traditional hand painted flower pot with germinating marigolds.  I, of course, will put this treasure in my office window and show it to everyone.  I'm still waiting to hear from 16 year old...she appears to have forgotten.  This day is a little bittersweet for me.  I lost my mom and grandma  just a few years ago and I miss them very much.  I picked out some roses to plant in my garden to honor and remember them.  I hope all of the Moms and Grandmas out there had a great day!

I will run for cupcakes!!

• Colorado Dreaming Pro 73 posts since
    May 1, 2008
    18. May 11, 2008 5:10 PM (in response to HALOjen)

curlyj wrote:

Thanks for the Happy Mother's Day wishes! My husband surprised me with the Garmin 405 this morning after sleeping in and making me breakfast. He is the best!! My little one made me the traditional hand painted flower pot with germinating marigolds. I, of course, will put this treasure in my office window and show it to everyone. I'm still waiting to hear from 16 year old...she appears to have forgotten. This day is a little bittersweet for me. I lost my mom and grandma just a few years ago and I miss them very much. I picked out some roses to plant in my garden to honor and remember them. I hope all of the Moms and Grandmas out there had a great day!

There is nothing like a hand-made gift  (I treasure every one my children made me)...and of course a new Garmin 405.    I am sorry about your Mom and Grandmother...I had a wonderful day with my children and grandchild, but I spoke to my Mom today and she has Alzheimers (she lives in another country), and I'm not sure if she even knew who I was, so I too feel that this day has been bittersweet.   Just try to treasure the time and moments you had together as those memories  will always be with you.

Happy Mother's Day CurlyJ

MCM 2010 -  Organization for Autism Research (OAR)

- Run for Autism  http://firstgiving.com/debbyandkendrasmith

• HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    19. May 11, 2008 6:04 PM (in response to Colorado Dreaming)
    Colorado Dreaming wrote:

There is nothing like a hand-made gift  (I treasure every one my children made me)...and of course a new Garmin 405.    I am sorry about your Mom and Grandmother...I had a wonderful day with my children and grandchild, but I spoke to my Mom today and she has Alzheimers (she lives in another country), and I'm not sure if she even knew who I was, so I too feel that this day has been bittersweet.   Just try to treasure the time and moments you had together as those memories  will always be with you.

Happy Mother's Day CurlyJ

Thanks CD.  I definitely have the memories, both the ones I hold onto and the ones I make with my own kids.

I will run for cupcakes!!

• RubyBPG Legend 1,604 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    20. May 11, 2008 6:33 PM (in response to Immer treu)

What a great thread.  Thank you and happy mother's day mamas.  I had a wonderful day today.  I got a new running jacket that is wind/water resistant, a Brooks nightlife cap for running, and a cd.  More stuff for running is always a welcomed gift. 

http://mynewmarathon.wordpress.com

Jan 19, 2008
    21. May 11, 2008 6:39 PM (in response to Colorado Dreaming)

It is truly bittersweet, actually every special day is like that for me too. This was my 9th mother's day without my mom to hug and kiss.

Sending you hugs this day b/c I know how hard it is.

Edit:  Oops, I meant to reply to Curly J's message.

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    23. May 11, 2008 6:47 PM (in response to HALOjen)

curlyj wrote:

My little one made me the traditional hand painted flower pot with germinating marigolds. I, of course, will put this treasure in my office window and show it to everyone.

Hey, Curly, my 2.5 year old made the same thing at day care this week.  I picked her up that day and she knew we had to keep it a secret from Mommy so we cleverly hid it outside in our garden where it was out of sight but could get sun and rain.  We retrieved it first thing this morning.  The flowers were beautiful, but... let's just say that the "hand painting" on the outside is done with water soluble paint!  I had a pink mess on my hands before I knew what hit me!

Sorry a little late here, but I've been tending to my wife most of today!  Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers on this list!!!  And a double wish to all the single mom's out there!   I still scratch my head whenever I try to figure out how a single parent can do it!  Amazing!

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

Jan 19, 2008
    24. May 11, 2008 6:52 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Oh Immer, I am tearing up!! At least we are blessed with the sweet memories.

• Courir26 We're Not Worthy 1,968 posts since
    Feb 4, 2008
    25. May 11, 2008 7:00 PM (in response to Immer treu)

What did you think of Grandfather Mountain, Immer? It's one I occassionally glance at before sanity kicks back in, largely because it's one of the rare summer marathons I could drive to. I remember having a little trouble breathing while driving in the higher elevations in Arizona. I'm worried that running the latter part of an uphill marathon in high altitudes may leave me gasping. Do you remember anyone having such issues?

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    28. May 7, 2009 11:12 AM (in response to Immer treu)

Well to all those mothers out there.  Happy day to you.

This place is like home!!!!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,267 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    29. May 7, 2009 11:17 AM (in response to Immer treu)

It is certainly a day for remembrance, regardless of presence or absence.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...