Skip navigation

1587 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2009 6:08 PM by cmwat RSS
cmwat Rookie 6 posts since
May 19, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

May 19, 2009 7:49 AM

How far in endless pool??

I live in an extremely rural area. The local health club, complete with 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, and a bow flex, also has an endless pool.  I have really come to appreciate this pool, at the beginning of training I swam like a rock!! But now because of the privacy of the endless pool i have become much more relaxed and have really gotten to work on my stroke.  Problem is, I have no clue how far I am going.  i have worked up to where I can swim for 5 min w/o stopping, but don't know how far that really is, or how long it should take to swim the 1/2 mile sprint. 

Any details for me??

• shinnhappens Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 3, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. May 19, 2009 4:00 PM (in response to cmwat)
    Re: How far in endless pool??

Without knowing your pace or owning an endless pool, that's a tough question to answer. Perhaps this will help, I am a "middle of the pack" swimmer (~100 meters/2 minutes). At that kind of pace it typically takes me about 16 minutes to swim 800 meters (typical Sprint distance). So, I wouldn't concentrate so much on DISTANCE as I would TIME. Even the "back of the packers" are out of the water in 25-30 minutes. If you swim consitently for 30 minutes (a good cardio workout). You'll surprise yourself come race day.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points