Skip navigation

626 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2009 5:23 PM by delasol2 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 20, 2009 10:54 AM

Mission Driven Eco Run 5K & 10K Reviews

Share your experiences with the Mission Driven Eco Run 5K & 10K below Back to event details page.

• CathieH Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 1, 2009
    1. May 20, 2009 10:54 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Mission Driven Eco Run 5K & 10K Reviews

Loved this race, the course was very challenging, more challenging than I had understood it to be. The staff for the event were very nice, supportive and helpful with smiles all around. The only thing I would have liked to see was a better description of the trail, had I known it was going to be that tough I would have carried water and a shot block with me. They added another water station due to the heat advisory which was great, it would have been tough without it.

Loved the actual trail, it was great. I would do it again.

• runner993 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 11, 2008
    2. May 20, 2009 11:14 AM (in response to Guest )

I've done this race before and I always love it. This year's course was marked excptionally well though. All the staff were great. In response to CathieH-it's always a good idea to carry water at the runs in Mission Trails. They are never easy and it's usually hot. Thanks to Sunstrides for adding that extra water station and for the email updates leading up to the race. You guys are great.

• abeckman22 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 16, 2008
    3. May 20, 2009 11:17 AM (in response to Guest )

This was a humbling experience!!  I've lost 80lbs in the last year, ran a half marathon in April and this race kicked my rear.  I traveled from Illinois to visit my cousin and run this race with him.  I was not prepared for the terrain or the heat, like I thought I was; no ones fault but my own.  Mission Gorge was beautiful and an amazing setting for the race.  The trails were tricky, requiring concentration and accurate foot placement.  Then the giant hill was quite humorous, I got to the point where I was walking uphill and running downhill only.  The other runners (special thanks to Trace and Tiffany a couple of needed cheerleaders along the way) and staff were very helpful and everyone did a wonderful job.  I hope to do it again over the next couple of years. 

• vdoodleSD Rookie 1 posts since
    May 20, 2008
    4. May 20, 2009 12:01 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my best time for a 5k. I liked it because it was not really crowded. Towards the end there was a part where the 5k wasn't marked very well when the 10k and 5k almost connected but help from a fellow 5k'er pointed me in the right direction because he know the run.  I have never done a trail run before and I have learned I like it a little better than the road. Would do it again!

• Heideeo Rookie 1 posts since
    May 11, 2009
    5. May 20, 2009 3:50 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first official 5K and I loved it.  I was not expecting the terrain to be so rough, but have decided it makes it much more interesting than just pavement.  I will for sure do this event again, hopefully the 10K next year.  The trail was marked well except for the intersection mention on other posts.  The event staff was very helpful and encouraging.  Thanks Sun Strides!

• Shelly Moore 1 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 5, 2009
    6. May 20, 2009 6:20 PM (in response to Guest )

I was very impressed with the trail, however was not impressed with the orgainzation of the event.  Thes scores were not posted after the event (i waited over 1.5 hours after the 5k).  The race organizers were not really sure, if or when they would be posted and the pictures for the event are still not posted on the website. TRAILS was GREAT AND FUN!!

• Primo1 Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 20, 2008
    7. May 20, 2009 7:43 PM (in response to Guest )

I ran this race last year so was very familiar with the terrain. The only problems I had was the 10k start was 1/2 an hour late, there were no mile markers, results were not posted and the times for the overall winners and age group winners were not announced. Other than that I love this trail run.

• patrickrhiggins Rookie 4 posts since
    Jan 8, 2008
    8. May 20, 2009 9:16 PM (in response to Guest )

I must say I wish there were more races like this in San Diego. This is a great series of races that either a beginner runner or an advanced runner can enjoy. The variety of participants is wonderful. I applaud the extra effort you all gave to work with the possibility of the heat wave that was forecast. You have excellent volunteers and sponsors for the day, making the whole experience feel like a tight knit family..very inviting. So ..Thank You all for another great series, and I hope to see more races to come.

• delasol2 Amateur 8 posts since
    Mar 5, 2008
    9. May 27, 2009 5:23 PM (in response to Guest )

First time doing this event, this was a good challenging trail event run with a partner, some parts you had to cross a stream of water going over rocks and climb some rocks going up a small incline. I recommend it you will for sure be challenged!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...