Skip navigation

204 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2009 12:32 PM by Bookmen
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 3, 2009 11:27 AM

Practice Dipsea 6.8M Reviews

Share your experiences with the Practice Dipsea 6.8M below Back to event details page.

• LM314 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 3, 2009
    1. Jun 3, 2009 11:27 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Practice Dipsea 6.8M Reviews

The run was in a beautiful area although it started too early for the clouds to burn off. There were no markings on the trail that winded its way through the area crossing other trails etc. and with other runners as well on the trails it was VERY difficult to know where to go and which path was the correct one.

With walkers galore, it would be very difficult I would imagine to run back the same path.  The run would benefit from more organization and path signage.

• Bookmen Rookie 3 posts since
    May 28, 2009
    2. Jun 4, 2009 12:32 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Practice Dipsea 6.8M Reviews

This was my first time running the Dipsea and boy what an experience.  First off this isn't a walk in the park. This run consist of mostly trail running and most of it single track.  There are multiple paths/shortcuts to take.  Definitely wear some type of trail/hiking shoes as running shoes wouldn't cut it.  Ran in the morning so it was foggy at the top of Mt. Tam but still had some beautiful views and scenery.  This also made the trail very muddy at times and slippery.  The trail can become treacherous but that's all part of the fun! Overall this was a very very intense "trail" race to me anyway, one which I will now be doing every year from now on.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...