Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

458 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2009 12:03 PM by Bookmen
Bookmen Rookie 3 posts since
May 28, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 12, 2009 12:03 PM

Half Marathon and the affects on the muscle

Hello All,

I'm trying to do some research in regards to running/training for a half Marathon and the affects it would have on muscle mass.  I found a few things online on different forums

stating that you will lose muscle mass but no articles/information relating to exactly what I'm looking.  What I'm looking for is any further information (advice/web links) about running

half marathons and the affects training/runninghas on your muscles muscle mass.  Reason why I'm asking is I'm thinking about running a half Marathon but I also do boxing and

trying to figure out if running the half marathon will hurt my boxing training becuase of muscle mass loss.  But the loss may be minmal enough as to where I wouldnt notice

Thanks in advance

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...