Skip navigation

512 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2010 5:47 PM by claterza RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 15, 2009 1:42 PM

Redondo Beach Triathlon 2009 Reviews

Share your experiences with the Redondo Beach Triathlon 2009 below Back to event details page.

• delasol2 Amateur 8 posts since
    Mar 5, 2008
    1. Jun 15, 2009 1:42 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Redondo Beach Triathlon 2009 Reviews

This is a great event to participate in, the bike route and run route were flat and very forgiving. The swim was good (1/2 mi),the  jetty helps block the incoming swells, a lot of life guards, course markings and people to guide you through the route. The food at the end was awesome also, warm breakfast burritos, warm french toast twists and enough bathrooms near the transition area. Great event for any first timers, relays teams, or mini-sprint participants! Just get there early to get parking in the neighborhood and just ride your bike to the event.

• Tennis and Tri Rookie 1 posts since
    May 3, 2010
    2. Jun 13, 2010 8:56 PM (in response to Guest )

Fun race! Easy swim because of the lack of waves. Wish there was only one loop on the bike, but it was a good 2 loop track. Run was through the shopping area, which made for more turns. Also,  I wish they would have told people to park outside the parking structure, so they could leave before the race. Overall A rating. I will do it next year.

• claterza Rookie 6 posts since
    Feb 19, 2009
    3. Aug 16, 2010 5:47 PM (in response to Guest )

This is a great event for beginners and a good way for experienced athletes to stay sharp. This was my very first triathlon and it had me hooked. Very well planned and executed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...