Skip navigation

1552 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2009 4:28 PM by dutch omi RSS
badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
Jan 17, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 16, 2009 9:28 AM

FYI....

I know some of you out there swear by Zicam and just wanted to give you the heads up:

Zicam

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    1. Jun 16, 2009 9:32 AM (in response to badgergrl)
    Re: FYI....

My sister will gladly join folks in testimonials for Zicam; maybe she was zinc deficient.....

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    2. Jun 16, 2009 9:40 AM (in response to badgergrl)

Thanks, girl. I use the tabs and I can't smell anything anyway, so I should be good to go I frigg'n love that stuff. I carry it in my purse in case I start to get sniffly!

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,319 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    3. Jun 16, 2009 9:49 AM (in response to Immer treu)

I used Zicam last Fall for a while and noticed my sense of taste would be off, but it came back when I stopped taking it. I had seen anecdotes about loss of smell so I was a little cautious, just in case. The incidence would seem to be very low. How many millions have taken Zicam? This is another of those benefit/risk gray areas.

Len

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    4. Jun 16, 2009 10:56 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Well, I can't remember ever really being able to smell.  I've always suffered from allergies and asthma so I think my sense of smell has been gone for quite some time.    So I guess it doesn't matter in my case.  Brenda thought I was weird because I'd tell her I can smell better with my mouth open, but I do.

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

• HORNETDRIVER Amateur 39 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009
    5. Jun 16, 2009 11:23 AM (in response to badgergrl)

Pilots hate doctors, right?  I mean, why be friendly to anyone who can ruin your career.  Thus, I stumbled upon an old Hindu treatment called the Netti Pot.

I still get the odd cold or two (I have kids...what are you going to do?), but I stave off several and it lessens the severity of the ones I do get.

I use the "Sinu Cleanse" brand from your local Walgreens. 

Give it a shot.  No drugs.  It works, but takes a week or so to get used to the process.

HORNETDRIVER

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    6. Jun 16, 2009 4:28 PM (in response to HORNETDRIVER)

I have used Zicam for years, have avoided many colds, still smell my coffee in the morning and I just love the stuff.  I'm like Kat, I have a couple of those things in my bag at all times.  So I'd be a walking, talking, running testimonial for the stuff.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...