Skip navigation

3297 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2011 11:09 AM by BlissfulDelight RSS
Lesley Oz Amateur 7 posts since
Apr 23, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 19, 2008 2:20 PM

Favorite Pose

What is your favorite pose? Any that help you with certain ailments?

• Imgellin Legend 498 posts since
    Jul 13, 2008
    1. Jun 24, 2009 5:42 AM (in response to Lesley Oz)
    Re: Favorite Pose

I like the pubic stretch, because it gently stretches glutes, lower back, hips, IT band and arms. I do about 13 different positions and there will usually be one which I "fall into" (my term for really, really enjoying and needing it at that particular time). So although I favor the pubic stretch, I never know just which one is really going to "be the one" on a given day.

For the pubic stretch, sit on the floor and bring soles of feet together, spreading the knees apart. Put wrists against outside of ankles and gently pull the torso forward and down with the wrists.

Paul

• billprice005 Pro 75 posts since
    Dec 8, 2007
    2. Jun 24, 2009 12:54 PM (in response to Lesley Oz)

I broke my leg in December.  The Tree pose seems to be helping my ankle strength.  I'm doing the WII Fit yoga routines.

• Imgellin Legend 498 posts since
    Jul 13, 2008
    3. Jun 24, 2009 1:55 PM (in response to billprice005)

I do the Tree pose too, Bill. I do it back and forth, 3 times on the right leg and 3 on the left, raising my hands, which are pressed together, over my head and then back down to my heart. How do you do it? Did you leg injury involve your ankle? Balance exercises like the Tree are great for running and other sports.

Paul

• billprice005 Pro 75 posts since
    Dec 8, 2007
    4. Jun 26, 2009 5:12 AM (in response to Imgellin)

I snapped my left leg off below the ankle.  On a good day, I come close to doing the way you do.  But I'm still working on my balance.  I'm better on my right leg, of course.

• BlissfulDelight Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 1, 2011
    5. Dec 1, 2011 11:09 AM (in response to Lesley Oz)
    Favorite Pose

I am an avid as well as a yogi so my favorite pose is pidgeon pose. It really helps to stretch out my hips.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points