Skip navigation

2202 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2009 12:21 PM by jollyroger1127 RSS
jollyroger1127 Rookie 2 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 22, 2009 6:22 PM

Run Off The Road

I'm new to this website and have a question?

Has anyone been run off the road by a car?  Five weeks ago I was run off the road by a car on a major highway; not an interstate.  I could tell that the car was getting close to me and just as the front of their car was at my rear wheel, they hit their horn long and loud.  My wheels were only 3 inches from the curb.  If I went leftl well, goodbye.  No place to go but right and my front wheel not having enough of a turn to go up on the curb, all I could do was go down on my right side on the concrete.  My feet were clipped in and the landing was hard.

The wind was knocked out of me and I was so dazed that by the time I caught my breath the car was gone from sight.  I did not realize the extent of my injuries until I stood up.  I could tell something was seriously wrong with my right shoulder.  I found out later I suffered a broken collar bone and a broken rib.  It could have been worse; the right side of my helmet had a 2 inch crack on the right side.   My collar bone required surgery with the insertion of a plate and eight screws.  I'm currently undergoing therapy.

I've been riding bicycles 49 years.  My wife wants to sell my bike; but, I can't wait to get back in the saddle.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points