Skip navigation

3268 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2009 2:23 PM by KrisMCM RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • BigRedRunner Pro 85 posts since
    Mar 3, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jun 29, 2009 12:53 AM (in response to badgergrl)
    Re: Long Runs

I was scheduled for a not so long 4 miles today. Ended up running about 4.2 miles.  Once again I pushed harder than normal and am working down my pace. My pace today was just under 9 min/mile.  Overall not a bad run.

• KrisMCM Pro 137 posts since
    May 2, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. Jun 29, 2009 2:23 PM (in response to badgergrl)
    Re: Long Runs

Hey all,

Haven't checked in in a while. Was on vacation up in Connecticut last week and did my runs up there. Geez! I forgot how hilly it was there! Hill work all week! Any way, my long was an 11 miler last Tuesday. I ran along the farmington River, which was beautiful, but the hills were definetly being felt. Finished with a 9:45 pace. I used energy gels at mile 4 and 7 with good results. I used both my water bottles on my belt, but finished the last one just at the end. There was a slight incline starting around mile two, but it went on for just over a mile, so it was noticeable on the way back. I am going to start my run walk method again on my long runs now. My times increased last year when I did it, and I am hoping for the same results this year. The hills paid off on a 3 miler on Wednesday, with a 8:04 pace. I was psyched!

I missed my other 3 and a 6 miler last week, I knew logistics would be hard  this year with now being divorced and having my kids every other weekend and working 10 hour days...go figure. I was up at 4:45 this morning to put in 3. Gorgeous sunrise and nice temps. Heading out for another 6 bright and early in the AM again tomorrow before work. my next long is a 12 coming up this weekend.

Run strong, Kris

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...