Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1049 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2009 7:37 AM by LadyPhoenix7 RSS
LadyPhoenix7 Amateur 13 posts since
Jul 8, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 8, 2009 7:37 AM

Groin Strain? or not? Help!

I presently havepain on the inside of my upper leg, from inner thigh nearly to my knee. Every time I heel strike (even when not running) my leg feels like it has a metal rod in that area instead of normal fluid muscle and ligament/tendons. I called my Physical Therapist and he said (over the phone) it sounded like a groin strain / groin pull, also called an adductor strain. 

I've been reading EVERYTHING about "groin strains" on the internet and

it seems like these "adductor strains/pulls" vary SO much between

individuals! Last year I had groin pain for 9 months before one doctor FINALLY

thought it might be a torn labrum. Correct! I finally had that fixed in

February and worked my way back up to 68 miles one week.... only to now

be sidelined with what COULD be a groin strain.  I am wondering if

anyone else has had the sensation of having a tight rod from groin to

knee on the inner thigh? I literally can't get this thing to "warm up"

or loosen until like 10 miles.... Although I trust my physical therapist, he is not a doctor and I see SO many variations of pain associated with that name! I don't want to

have to go through another 9 months without a correct diagnosis. I trust other runners above all else, CAN ANYONE HELP?

Thanks beforehand for any thoughts or help!                                                                                                                                               

Lady Phoenix

“To overcome difficulties is to experience the full delight of existence.”        - Arthur Schopenhauer

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points