Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5869 Views 41 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2009 7:35 AM by meryl27 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • guybrush Amateur 42 posts since
    May 17, 2009

Hi all - it's been a while. I'm sorry to say I haven't run since my fever 3 weeks ago. Thanks to the persisting cough I've been having. But I think it's finally come down to a point where I can start running again.

I did reach till W5D2, but I'm gonna start week 5 again. I'll be about a month behind everyone else :(. But I guess that's the only sane thing to do rather than jump into something too strenuous.

Guybrush Threepwood: You're about as fearsome as a doorstop.
    Murray: Is it a really EVIL-looking doorstop?
    Guybrush Threepwood: [sigh] Never mind.
  • HadababyItsaboy Amateur 34 posts since
    May 15, 2009

Hey Witnesses!  W8D2 done!  I so didn't feel like running today but i went out and did it anyway. Every minute felt like a struggle. I think I'm a little under the weather or something. Just didn't feel like myself this morning. 

It's so great to see how well EVERYONE is doing (aside from the injuries plaguing some of us!)  Those that are held up in their progress due to the bumps and bruises will be back in the game soon enough! 

Anij- congrats on the pregnancy.  Best of luck!

Run Over Cancer 5k  7/4/09  34:30
  • Anij34 Amateur 41 posts since
    May 14, 2009

Guybrush, at least you won't be 9 months behind like me!  Its for a good cause though!  Healthy babe is worth it....I'm getting back into walking but am not allowed to run due to my clot.  Run for me Guybrush!  I miss it! 

Anij34

• littlebitfitbit Amateur 35 posts since
    May 17, 2009

Just Wanted to stop by and say hi.....

still on track for my 5k NEXT WEEK !!!!!!!

and i,m managing the distance .. its not easy yet lol

some of my sponsors have offered to double if i can do it in 30 mins   my best now is 33 mins   maybe on the day but i,m not going to push it too much xxxxx

glad to see so many people still with the WTF team

did i mention your all amazing and it really is couch to 5k

another bonus for me is how much my dog now loves the runs and the comments from people telling me what great condition shes in ......What About Me lol

WTF........

i,ll be going easy this week .  maybe just some 15-20min runs

xxxxxxbye for now 

RACE FOR LIFE 5K 19TH JULY IN 24.90 

RUN 10K .......BOOKED FOR 4TH OCTOBER   ...... GO TEAM WTF

May 17, 2009

@Anij - Correction, it's for the best cause! You take good care of yourself and I'm sure you'll be able to run after you bring your baby into this world.

That's all the inspiration I need, I start on my W5D1 today. I'll be thinking about you when I run :).

May 17, 2009

Done with W5D1. Dam, my body's completely out of it. I guess I should take W5D2 a little more slowly. Started feeling a slight pain on the lower left side of my rib cage towards the end. But somehow completed the whole thing and am exhausted! It'll take a while for the body to get back in shape.

• RachRob Amateur 53 posts since
    May 12, 2009

Guybrush- Glad to see you're back! Kudos for sticking with it! Anij-we'll all be running for you-keep us posted on your condition and let us know how the walking goes! So I did w7d1 tonight, around 9:30 pm as it was super hot today. It was still about 85 when I ran but it was a really good run. I did have to walk a bit but I'm now at about an 11 minute mile which is better than I hoped for. It felt really good to be out running today. I had a sore back from moving/packing stuff into a storage unit and I didn't feel like going out but the more I thought about it the more excited I became. So that's new, excited about a run. Then afterward I feld SO GOOD. I even said that to my husband and told him I'm so happy that I feel that way now! Can't wait to hit it and run without having to walk!

• mfssl Pro 84 posts since
    May 22, 2009

Hi All,

Isn't it amazing that we all still have the will to keep doing this? Honestly, I feel compelled to run and I think being part of this group has a big roll in that. It seems to me that I would have given up long ago without all of you, with the motivation supplied by your stories, your triumphs and tribulations, the connection I feel to all of you.

Got a little off schedule this week. It rained on Thursday so I wasn't going out in the rain. Yesterday, I went to visit my 101 year old grandmother, 120 miles from here. Did't get back til 10:30PM.

Went out tonight for Day 2. It felt great to be back out running at the start, but I'm with you Meryl27, it was harder than it is in the mornings when I am fully refreshed after a good night's sleep and on an empty stomach.

I had a barbequed pork sandwich for supper and it was not settling right either. I can still feel it sitting in my stomach, like a rock.

Will go out for Day 3 of Week 6 on Monday.

Anij - Great to hear from you. When the time comes in your pregnancy, will you want to know the gender of the baby? Everyone has there own opinions about this and I respect that. Whatever you decide, I hope all goes well with your pregnancy.

Good luck everyone. Keep running and keep posting!!

• mattmikesmom Expert 67 posts since
    May 17, 2009

W9D1 has an awesome ring to it, but the run wasn't awesome.  Too hot this evening, as I ran a little earlier in the evening.  I'm not a morning runner, as I've done the program always in the evening.  MERYL enjoy the running gear, you deserve it!  I treated myself to the same.  (Found some great things at KOHL's for a reasonable price, if you have one in your area.)  I felt that I was barely moving, but I ended my run about where I should have been.....just too hot!  Started a stricter diet today, definitely working on losing some weight!  Decided to ride a bike around the neighborhood with my boys in tow in the cart on my off days.  I'd like to exercise a minimum of five days a week.  Congratulations to each of you who go out each week and work towards being a better you.  I find it hard to believe that this is week 9, and I have been able to make it through this program.  I told myself in week one that  I would take 18  weeks to complete the program due to my fitness level.  I push each week, and I have made it through the program.  The first five blocks or so I have the same conversation in my head.  (Man this is hard, and I need to walk.  There's nothing wrong with walking, but it's never going to get easier if you walk.  I have a long way to go.  Well, if you can make it to 15 minutes then you can walk.  You deserve it.  At the 15 minute mark, I'm not walking now.  I'm half way finished.  Just a few more blocks.  I'm not giving up on me.)  I have that conversation during every run.  I'm happy to report that I have not walked any of the runs through any week.  I've slowed my pace if needed, but I never walked.  I tell myself that I don't have the option to walk, my boys need me to run.  They need me to believe in myself and take care of myself.  My goal is to run three miles or longer five to six days  a week for fitness.  God willing, I'll put this weight issue way behind me.  (Well not on my behind, in my past......     )  GUY glad your back at it!!!

• Chasing2boys Amateur 40 posts since
    May 18, 2009

Hello all!

**ENABLING ALERT**

For those of you looking for running wear right now, and you have a Dick's Sporting Goods in your area, they are currently running a sale...take 50% off clearance priced items!  And it wasn't only summer stuff they had either, there were jackets and pants.  I picked up a long-sleeve Reebok "tech" type shirt for a whopping $9.98.  I love a sale!

Thanks for the warning about the ankle...I haven't had any pain since the day I turned it, just a few twinges by the end of a work shift.  I did run W7D2 on Friday, and wrapped my ankle before heading out...fortunately no problems.  I was supposed to run D3 today, but it didn't happen.  I was up at 4:30 am to take my mom to the airport, and didn't have it in me to run on such a short night's sleep.  Then while I'm changing into my running clothes tonight, I start hearing thunder...we end up having a huge storm with thunder, lightning, rain, and I swear I thought I saw some animals lining up 2 by 2.  So D3 will be tomorrow a.m.   

Guybrush, welcome back!  We're all here for the long haul, and glad that you're able to start again.

Anij, congratulations!  It's good to see you, and I'm sending lots of sticky vibes your way.

WAY TO GO to all of our runners!  And we ARE all runners!

Danica
1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...